forty

The day after the 4th of July party was spent hungover and mostly in bed by everyone. None of us had any energy to move or do anything other then go to the bathroom and get some food. The second day we were all livelier and I went back into wedding planning mode. Aunt Rosie still had a few more items on her list that we needed to finish before the weekend and it didn't take long to get them done that day while mom and Alyssa spent the day cleaning the backyard. They got most of it done by the time I got back home from running errands and whatever they didn't get too I finished the next day with Cassie, Becca and Stacey.

            While mom and Alyssa spent most of the week working, I got to show my friends and Cassie around Boston a bit more. They only got to see a little bit while we were here during the season and there was still snow on the ground. We got to hit the beach and it was really fun to watch Cassie run in and out of the ocean. She was just so carefree in the moment I wish I could just bottle this day in time to be able to return to it whenever I wanted.

            The week past by quicker then I thought it would have. Before I knew it, it was already the weekend again and today is the day of mom and Alyssa's wedding. They opted to stay together last night and have breakfast this morning before going their separate ways to get ready. The next time they will see each other is at the alter. 

            Alyssa left the house first and went off to her brothers house to hang out before going to the venue to get ready. On the other hand, the rest of us hung out at home for a little bit longer before going straight to the venue to get ready. Aunt Rosie hired a makeup artist to come in and do mom's hair and make up so she doesn't have to worry about it.

            On the drive over to the venue, I had a full car. Mom didn't want to drive her car as Alyssa is going to be driving hers down to the venue so we all piled everything into mine. It didn't take too long to get over to Westbury Manor, only about a half hour. Aunt Rosie met us at the door and had a few guys help us bring everything inside. Right as we got inside mom went upstairs to the bridal suit to start getting ready for the afternoon ceremony while Cassie and I took a walk around the gardens.

            The garden is set up with plenty of white chairs for all the guests and the alter looked beautiful with all the greenery covering the arch. Cassie and I walked hand in hand down the aisle and stopped halfway to the alter to take a seat in some of the chairs that were set up. Cassie played with my fingers as I titled my head up to catch some sun.

            "When you see yourself getting married, what do you imagine your wedding to look like?" Cassie asked breaking up the silence

            "When you see yourself getting married, what do you imagine your wedding to look like?" Cassie asked breaking up the silence. I smiled a bit and turned my head to look at Cassie. Her eyes were on my fingers and I thought about that question for a few minutes before I gave an answer.

            "Before this year, I honestly never thought about. It was something that wouldn't have been possible for me." I said and turned to face the alter.