Chapter 28

No wonder family is the most precious possession a man can ever have.

That one group of people who are not only related by blood but also share a tight bond with each other depending on one another with constructive criticism always guiding one to a better place.

Anisha felt truly lucky to have these people to call her family. She watched them relishing the gajar halwa they made. The chatter around the table and the laughter warmed the depths of her heart. Nobody would have guessed it was the same house where arguments happened just the last night.

As the couple drove to their workplace it was the usual. Them singing along to the radio and holding hands. Truly, a magical start.

Once inside the office Anisha was fiddling with her phone going through a message regarding some meeting. Gosh, she was on leave for one day! Busy in rubbing her forehead she didn't notice how the heads turned and looked at the woman beside their boss. They, for a moment, forgot the woman was their boss' wife.

She gasped when Abhimanyu's arm dropped on her shoulder pulling her close to his side within a minute of walking inside the office. He never did that! Never did he like public display of affection. Hell, they never even held hands in their house let alone this! Shocked she looked up at him to find him glaring at all the employees.

' Now what did they do?'

Abhimanyu guided them inside the elevator and pulled her in front of him. Her tiny body shielding his. He leaned down and murmured into her ear, " Woman do you plan on killing me with this outfit? How many people do I have to shoot down with my gaze?"

Anisha giggled, " As many as you can Mr.MaanSingh, because I plan to wear these things now on."

" God forbid if I fire any of my employees it will all be your fault Mrs. MaanSingh!" Abhimanyu murmured.

With that said the doors to the elevator opened and Anisha was back to her office. She started going her missed work and saw his schedule adjusting the meetings. He had an utter mess to deal with yesterday, she could vouch for that looking at her desk. Ah, it was going to be a long day!

Tring...

" Hello! You have contacted Mr. Abhimanyu MaanSingh's office. How may I help you?" Anisha went all business mode onto the person on call.

" May I have my cup of coffee that you have forgotten Mrs. MaanSingh?" The person on line answered.

" Ofcourse. You may." She giggled.

She brought two steaming cups of coffee to his office and dropped them on the table beside the window. They deserved some coffee together.

Abhimanyu looked at her and was quickly by her side his hand reaching for the cup. " So you finally blessed me with your presence and ofcourse my dear coffee."

She winked.

" You seem to be in a good mood today." He observed.

" Good? I'm in the best mood! This day had a wonderful start and let's hope things go good now onwards." She looked into his eyes.

" They will." He replied.

They took a sip of their coffee and Anisha leaned her head on his shoulder. "Abhimanyu, thank you!"

He pulled her head and looked into her eyes. " We don't thank anybody here."

She moved completely away and pulled his hand in between hers and said, " Abhi, we say 'thank you' here. I don't want to be ungrateful and ignore what all you have done for me in these past few days. Apart from that I expect a 'thank you' too when I do something. I do not believe in ' No thank you, No sorry policy' "

Abhimanyu nodded his head. He appreciated her sincerity.

" Okay then if you are insisting on thanking me, I want a thank you present not a mere verbal thank you!"

" And what is it that you want?" She raised a brow.

" Oh simple!" He pointed his lips to her and tapped on it twice.

" You sly man!" She gasped.

" You were eager on thanking me. Now don't back out!" He defended himself.

Anisha shaked her head at his naughty behaviour. She put her hands on either sides of his face and leaned forward closing the distance between the two. Abhimanyu never expected her to go ahead with it but here she was. He stopped her in the middle and said, " You will do this when you are ready not when I ask a petty 'thank you' of you! As of right now, you start preparing for your entrance, that would be my gift."

Touched she was to depths undetermined. He truly was one of a kind.

She dropped her entire weight on him and hugged tighter than usual making even breathing a difficult task. He loosened her grip and adjusted their position on the couch, caressing her hair.

After a few moments they had their fill and separated off each other. Abhimanyu tucked a few of her hair strands behind her ear and said, " Let's do some work, darling. You missed a lot yesterday."

She nodded and started getting off the couch when he pulled her arm and kissed her cheek. Stunned she froze and Abhimanyu got off the couch and sat on his chair.

Clearing his throat he woke her up from her trance. She shied and ran into her cabin.

The day passed in a blur and Anisha was home by six. She freshened up and took her books out of the suitcase hidden in her closet. Dusting the covers she made a place for them on the bookshelf. She grabbed the book of English and began the drill.

Post dinner again she started reading, a new book this time. Abhimanyu smiled at her dedication and grabbed his laptop to keep himself busy.

He glanced at the file kept by his side. Was he ready for this? Better question, Was Anisha ready to go through a new drama again?

Sighing he kept the file back in his laptop bag and started going through a few papers and presentations.