Chapter Eleven

Aloura found herself on the way to the place she seemed to find herself at every night recently, except this time every step was agonising. But she suppressed the pain, fearful others around her would notice what her father had done. She clutched her phone and her first aid kit tightly as shots of pain hit her stomach.

She'd finally made her way to the top of the cold staircase, and the blue large door came in her vision. It was left ajar. Weird, she thought to herself, maybe Elias found his way here again? The thought of sharing the rooftop with him again didn't anger her this time, she found herself picturing a shooting star and wishing on it that he was on the other side of those doors. Not that she liked that pretentious arsehole of course. But company was nice sometimes.

She paused a few feet away from the steps, composing herself to be greeted by Elias, when a voice called from behind her. Aloura flinched and turned to face the lady she occasionally ran into. Aloura figured that she lived in the apartment complex, because her clothes were always casual- slippers and tank tops kind of casual. Aloura held the urge to roll her eyes at the sight of her. She knew a lecture would soon spew out her thin cracked lips and bounce of the walls, entering Aloura's one ear and out the other. "The door is broken." She grumbled, "don't lock it from the outside or you'll get locked out there. I won't come to help you." And with one cold glare, she shut her apartment door in Aloura's face. Not giving the injured brunette time to question what broke it or thank her for the warning. Not that she'd have the guts to do either.

Aloura nodded to the now shut door and walked towards the broken rooftop door, pushing it slightly and taking extra care not to accidentally close it behind her.

She made her way to her favourite corner and laid her coat onto the floor before sitting on it. Aloura placed the first aid kit in front of her and opened the case. She was running low, and she knew she'd have to choose between food or restock of supplies this week. She rested her head back on the wall, the memories of Kaden moaning Amriss' name made her eyes sting. Aloura closed her eyes sadly, unwilling to give Kaden and his flings the satisfaction of her crying. She didn't know how long she stayed like that, but a few moments later light snores left her lips. A few rare moments of silence and peace she cherished in her life.

But it was soon cut short as angry steps made their way up the stairs and onto the rooftop, followed by the door slamming shut. Aloura gasped and her eyes shot open. She scanned the rooftop for a sign of her father, and when she found no presence of him, she sighed in relief. Her relief quickly was diminished as she narrowed her eyes at the now locked door and the culprit pacing around- unaware of her presence. At first, anger bubbled inside her. He had locked them up here, now she'd be late tomorrow and receive another beating, but as she zeroed her gaze at him, she noticed his injuries. The anger shifted to concern. She lifted her injured body off the floor and made her way towards the oblivious older man. "Elias?" she called out to him softly as she made her way to him. "What happened to you?"

Elias turned to her, his bruised fists locked, and jaw clenched. Aloura's advancing figure gave him ample time to scan Aloura's appearance. She looked a lot more dishevelled than the last time he'd seen her.

"I could ask you the same thing." Elias' eyes focused on the blood on her lips.

Aloura ignores his concerned gaze, and she moved her hand and reaches out for him. She placed her smaller hand inro his larger one. Not missing the bruises and dried blood that coated them. Her heart clenched at the sight. She wasn't queasy, the injuries on him weren't the most severe she'd seen- she'd nursed worse ones on herself, but the thought of him being in slight discomfort didn't settle well in Aloura's stomach.

Elias' minds span the same thoughts. Cringing at what could have bought harm to the privileged brat ahead of him. He didn't like her, but he couldn't stand the thought of her being hurt. He swallowed as Aloura placed her hand gently into his, and he held it a little tight for a moment, as if he couldn't believe what his eyes could see. He loosened his grip, and was cautious not to ball his injured hands into fists, fearful he'd hurt Aloura by doing so. Aloura was aware of this, but only her bloodied lip was visible to him. She wondered what he'd do if he saw the bruises that littered her legs and ribs.

They made it to the small corner Aloura had made herself comfortable in, and Elias hesitated before taking a seat beside her. Mindful of how small her coat was, he double checked she was completely sat on it before sitting on half. Not caring he was dirtying his own clothes by doing so or the fact he was basically sitting on the cold concrete. "I'm running out on supplies." Aloura laughed nervously, "not that I'm always injured or anything." Elias lips tugged up into a soft smile as Aloura stumbled over her words. Cringing at the way she couldn't lace a full sentence together. She settled with a small 'anyway', before silence welcomed them.

She reached for his now discarded hand and placed it between them. She didn't miss how perfectly in fit around hers. But she shrugged the thoughts off, I have a boyfriend- she thought before frowning.

Did she?

Elias watched her calmly, the way her eyebrows scrunched together was adorable to him. But he didn't let that thought linger. He was dangerous, and dark. A sadist. She was pure. He didn't do adorable, and she didn't do dangerous. She has a boyfriend. He thought, before scoffing silently. I don't give a fuck about your boyfriend little one. He thought to himself. In fact, her having a boyfriend made him want her more. He shook these thoughts off again. He didn't want her at all.

Elias and Aloura were drawn out their minds when Aloura accidently applied too much pressure onto Elias' bleeding wounds. Causing him to draw in a breath sharply, and her to flinch at the sudden sound. Elias frowned down at her reaction as she pushed the feelings of anxiety that clawed her from the inside.

Aloura felt his gaze on her face as she carried on cleaning his hands, but she paid him no attention. His hand left hers after a moment and rested on her chin gently pushing her head up. "what's on your mind?" he asked, barely above a whisper.

Aloura panicked, unsure on how to word I was thinking about how our hands fit together like they were sculptured as one and then broken apart in a way she didn't make her seem like a creep.

Her forest eyes found his ocean like ones, and in the same quiet tone she spoke back.

"we're locked up here."