Chapter Fifteen

"Thank you so much for dining with us today" Aloura smiles at the couple as they placed her tip into the tip jar and walked out the building. It was only when no one was in sight did she sigh exhaustedly.

Although she slept on the rooftop, her bones felt achy and her mind fuzzy. She wanted nothing more than to crawl into her bed and lift the covers over herself and forgetting about the world around her. The problem with that was the world didn't wait for those who needed a break from it.

Aloura grabbed the wet towel and made her way towards the dirty table. Joe was working again today, but the word working could be used lightly. Unless you considered taking ten minuet bathroom breaks every five minutes was hard work.

"It's like he's basically getting paid to piss!" Cassidy, her other co-worker cried from her table as Joe made his way towards his tenth bathroom break.

Aloura didn't reply, he was leaving soon, she told herself. Just be patient. Plus, it wasn't that busy today. Instead, she began to gather the discarded cutlery and dishes into one large pile. The door ringing cut her off.

She, like every other one hundredth time snapped her head to the door. She wasn't necessary waiting for someone; that someone being Elias. Or at least she didn't think she was, but she'd saved him her dinner again and couldn't wait to give it him. She couldn't help the disappointment that filled her body as she found Kaden stood at the door instead. His tall build scanning the room for the sight of the brunette, green eyed beauty.

Upon spotting her shocked figure, he frowned and walked towards her. "I've been calling you."

"Yes, I know. I've been ending the calls on you." Aloura wasn't sure where this newfound confidence came from, but she liked it. She had never argued back with Kaden. Instead Aloura followed in her mother's footsteps of never taking too much room- because being small enough to fit in a man's hand meant he'd always have space for you. Kaden on the other hand didn't appreciate her newfound back bone, he couldn't believe his ears. He knew he'd fucked up- but Kaden fucking up and fucking other girls was a norm in their relationship. So why was Aloura not used to it.

"Aloura what the fuck" Kaden growled, grabbing her arm and forcing the girl to look at him. "Why have you been ignoring me?"

Aloura wanted to scoff, but she'd gained the customers and her co-workers disapproved and concerned glances. Aloura snatched back her arm from his grip. "Not at my fucking workplace Kaden."

"Why have you been ignoring me Aloura?" he growled again, ignoring her last statement. Aloura raised her hand to her head and rubbed it harshly. Unsure on how to put you fucked me and moaned another's names into words he'd understand.

Aloura once again looked around the room, suddenly uncomfortable as everyone continuously glanced at them. "Let's go outside and talk about this." She mumbled and stepped aside from him, leading him outside the bakery and round the corner.

"So?" Kaden called after her when they'd stopped walking.

"So, what Kaden?"

"So why have you been ignoring me Aloura. Don't play dumb." Kaden scoffed. Aloura found this ironic.

"I'm not the one playing dumb Kaden. Weren't you the one who fucked me, looked me in the eyes and called me another bitch's name?" Aloura's voice was sharp, and if Kaden was any closer, it would've cut him. Aloura found herself wishing he was closer.

"Oh my God." Kaden mumbled, "you're still on about that."

"What the fuck do you mean I'm still on about that Kaden?" Aloura snapped at him, using her finger she poked his chest harshly. "You fucking hurt me". Another poke. "I fucking loved you."