Chapter Ten

"You have a package, Honeydew," Darlene sang as she held up the letter addressed to Honeydew

A package?

She wasn't expecting anything, and even if she was, it wouldn't be delivered to the salon.

She put away her developer and walked to Darlene's desk.

Someone was spoiling her for sure.

There was a beautiful bouquet of lavender that came with the letter.

"Who's it from?" Honeydew asked while eyeing the flowers.

She'd never heard of someone buying lavender as a gift. They would look lovely in her garden, which she would start today just to see the lavender thrive.

"Well, I didn't want to read your letter," Darlene looked at the letter and back at Honeydew with joy in her eyes.

Honeydew giggled at her strange behavior and reached out for the letter. "Thank you, Darlene. I'll be taking my lunch now," She told her with a smile anticipating what the letter said.

She had her suspicions.

It had to be Beau.

She hoped that he would take initiative and do things to make her swoon. She hated being cold to people, especially knowing that he wasn't intentionally ignoring her, but he was still careless, which justified it.

"Go on," Darlene waved her hand.

Honeydew picked up her flowers and placed them at her station.

"Wow, these are gorgeous," She sighed with light butterflies scattering in her stomach.

She picked up the letter, and the butterflies intensified. There was a card attached to it from Jingle Jam.

How thoughtful.

'Sweet Honeydew, I won't go down without a proper fight for your affection and true forgiveness. I pray that my carelessness doesn't tarnish who I am to you.

But if it did,

Allow me to reintroduce myself.

Beau Carpenter-A charming hick'

She wanted to be the person who held their ground and didn't let anyone back in so easily.

But that went against her entire character.

She loved being open to forgiving someone and accepting them again if they showed they were sorry.

And the confidence and charm in the letter made things real.

Furthermore, though she was happy with the flowers, letter, and gift card, Beau would have to do much more to win her over.