Chapter Sixteen

Something was refreshing about the morning after

Honeydew had never done something so exhilarating. The last time she quit a job was through an email, but doing it in person was truly fabulous.

There wasn't a doubt in her mind that she made the right decision. She didn't even care about the fact that she didn't have a job anymore.

Nothing mattered except for the peace and joy she had.

She went straight home after quitting and didn't tell anyone about quitting. It was like a private victory in choosing faith, but she'd tell the news eventually.

But for now, she had something to praise God for in the secret place.

And right now, she was praising Him for her freedom to walk Baby without a second thought. And she got to enjoy nature.

She breathed and relished the smell of pine trees and morning dew.

"God is just wow," She murmured as a calm feeling enraptured her.

Her original plan for the morning was to take Baby on a walk, but when they stepped outside in the backyard, neither of them wanted to leave.

The backyard was her haven. She was supposed to have worked on it when she had time away from work, but that time was spent with Beau, Gunnar, or just resting from the draining workdays.

But now, she was going to turn the backyard into her special haven.

She already had a porch swing and a garden, but she wanted an ethereal yard. As if she stepped into a magical garden.

Her phone buzzed on the grass.

Did she want to end the moment she was having?

She had placed it on the grass to keep it from distracting her, but it could've been something important.

They'd been lying outside on her blanket for two hours.

She hummed while contemplating her decision.

"It wouldn't hurt," She figured and reached over Baby and grabbed her phone.

On queue, her heart fluttered as she read the message Beau sent.

Beau🤍: Morning, sugar. I'll be stopping by to see you after I drop my groceries home.

Never in a million years did Honeydew think she'd enjoy being called sugar.

The nickname wasn't her first choice, she preferred baby, honey, darling, or beautiful.

But when Beau called her sugar the first time, she knew there was no other name she'd rather have.

Sugar meant that she was sweet, but most importantly, it meant that Beau found her sweet. And she loved that.

Honeydew: I can't wait to see you, but I'm at home!