Chapter 1

(A/N):The world is about to get an eye opener right after Atlas gets a kick in the head *wink*

Shane:"I just don't understand."

Blake:"That's the problem! You don't understand! This is something I want to do, something I have to do."

Shane:"Blake, I'm your friend so I know you know I'm telling the truth when I say that what he's doing, isn't going to change anything in the kingdoms! Look around menagerie and tell me this isn't what you wanted."

Blake:"It is, but it's only here where nobody knows about your people! You don't understand what I feel."

Shane:"Ok that's not fair! Our history shows how much we screwed up in the past."

Blake:"Shane.... I'm leaving, you can't stop me. So either accept that as my friend.....or-"

Shane:"You cannot be serious right now! Blake I-"

Radio:"Country rooooads, take me hoooome to the place, I beloooooo-" The radio is switched off as Shane wakes up from his sleep. Swinging his legs off the bed and on to the floor, Shane looks down as he thinks back to his dream.

Shane:"*Sigh*.....Years later and I'm still thinking about that night. She's loooong gone buddy, accept it." Shane stops talking to himself as he hears a knocking at his door.

*Knock Knock*

Kali:"Shane? Sweetie time to get up, I made breakfast!" Kali says from behind the door.

Shane:"I'll be right down Mrs. Belladonna! Just have to get dressed first!" He yells back as he gets up from the bed.

Kali:"Don't take too long! I made your favorite!" She says before walking away from the door.

Shane smiled at that, he's been staying at the Belladonna household for about two months now. Since he would start going to the best school on menagerie his grandfather thought it would be best for Shane to stay somewhere close by instead of flying all the way from the other end of the continent. Shane would take off his night shirt before looking at the full body mirror in his room, he stared at himself for a few moments before talking to himself once again.

Shane:"Not to toot my own horn, but damn do I look good.....ok enough self praise....and I still talk to myself.....*sigh*" He says before walking over to his closet and pulling out his school uniform.

Shane:"Goodbye Chase middle school, hello Belladonna Academy." He says before putting the uniform on the bed. It looked like an officers uniform used during the Enclave's days in D.C. however the color was changed to a dark blue and the hat was an optional choice. Shane gave the uniform a good look before starting his morning routine.

Downstairs in the kitchen the Belladonna's we're enjoying their morning, well as much as they usually did anyway. Hard to enjoy something's when your own child runs away for no reason. Ghira Belladonna, a kind, understanding and absolute beast of a man sat at the table reading the news paper, The Menageriae Times, while taking a drink from his coffee. Kali Belladonna stood over the stove, trying to keep Shane's food warm before he came down stairs while also watching her tea. She looks over at her husband and scowls at the coffee mug.

Kali:"Darling, you should really go back to drinking tea it's so much healthier than coffee." She says flipping some sausages.

Ghira:"The caffeine wakes me up in the morning, especially after last night. Thank you again by the way." He says flipping the pages of his paper.