Chapter 3

(A/N): "...God bless America and no one else." -random Enclave trooper

Belladonna household

General Autumn, Shane and the Belladonna's stood out front of the presidential palace, waiting on the lawn for the arrival of the Atlas council to arrive via Airship.

Ghira:"Augustus any word on where they are?" The president asks as he looks to the sky.

General Autumn:"They are 30 mike's out Mr. President, should I have our AA lock on to the ship on arrival?"

Ghira:"No, best not to scare them.....yet."

Shane:"Yeah, as if taking down a military ship with only fighter jets isn't scary enough."

Kali:"*sigh*...I bet my tea recipe that they'll demand that we pay for everything with either Money or slavery."

The four stand in silence after hearing Kali's words, letting them sink in as they all wonder just what the Atlesians would demand of them.

General Autumn:"If they come here just for that I'm ordering our AA guns to shoot it down."

Ghira:"I believe I'd have to give the order for that general, I'm still president after all." He says.

General Autumn:"Would you really stop me?" The general asks.

Ghira smiles, his eyes never leaving the sky as he silently agrees with the general. Ghira wouldn't even have so much as move to give the order before the ship was shot down and crashed into ocean below.

Shane:"Do you think they told the other kingdoms or did they keep this whole thing to themselves?" The young boy asks.

Ghira:"Knowing Atlas, they probably want to wait until everything is resolved before revealing the information to the other kingdoms. More than likely to soften the blow of the outrage by the public."

Kali:"As if it'll do anything to deter the White Fang. Sienna doesn't need excuses to attack people."

General Autumn doesn't answer Shane's question, only turning his head to look at him.

General Autumn:"Are you sure you want to be here Shane? You do remember what is happening next week right?" He asks.

Shane rolls his eyes before looking at his grandfather.

Shane:"Grandpa I know and I'm already ahead of everyone else on studying for it. You don't have to worry about me." The boy says with confidence.

General Autumn:"Not worried just making sure you're not slacking."

Kali:"Not in my house he's not." She says jokingly.

The four laugh a little as an Atlas bullhead being escorted by fighter jets comes into their view.

Shane:"Wow....never seen our jets fly so slow." The boys says staring at the aircraft.

General Autumn:"....The thing is that is a bullheads top speed, not even breaking the sound barrier."

Shane:".....That's just sad."

Kali:"We get it. No need to rub in our faces how better your "Earth" was compared to remnant technologically." The woman says in feigned annoyance.

Shane:"Ha! Flight doesn't even begin to cover what we had better than what anyone has here!" The boy says with pride.

Ghira:"Really... because scrolls seemed to be an "alien" concept when I first met your grandfather."

Shane:"Small victories considering we got into space."

Ghira:"Because of the lack of dust." He shots back.