0.1

0.1

narrowly avoiding the stream of people during the afternoon rush with her textbooks pressed against her chest, gwen opened the florist shop's door, with a heavy gasp escaping her mouth

unfortunately for gwen, the shop was popular at this time with customers giving her looks of confusion and disdain. feeling her face turn red, the girl mumbled "sorry" under her breath and checked in.

"late again, huh?" said scarlett, walking over towards gwen. the brown-headed girl felt her face color again.

"sorry, class was longer than i thought it was going to be plus i had to stay after for" gwendolyn was cut off with scarlett placing her arm onto her shoulder.

"i told you it's fine, you've got school and all that shit. besides, you're one of the only people that do work around here anyways."

gwen beamed at scarlett's words and gave the tall girl a quick hug. "scarlett, you're the best." hesitantly, scarlett returned the hug, wrapping her arms around the shorter girl.

"uh, no problem," scarlett said awkwardly, releasing her arms from the hug. glancing down at her watch, scarlett sighed. "i gotta go, call me if anything goes on, alright? don't let anyone step on you, gwen."

"i won't!" gwendolyn chirped, pulling gloves onto her hands.

scarlett shook her head to the girl's words. "whatever you say, gwen. but seriously i gotta go."

"oh alright. bye, scar!" gwen avidly waved to scarlett, who, in return, gave gwendolyn a small smile.

the freckled-face girl took a look at the shop. a line of dreary plant leaves hung over the white shelves, begging for water to be poured into the soil. a daisy and rose arrangement swiveled under the shelves, its edges crusted and dried.

gosh, gwendolyn considered. no wonder why there's no business around here! no one even takes care of the plants!

as if she was a nymph, gwen took every pot from the shelf (making sure not to drop one of them over her head), and took them to the back table, and watered each one of them diligently. slowly but surely under her green-thumb touch, every plant thrived, silently presenting a thank you to the busy girl.

the familiar scent of wet soil and dirt fell under gwendolyn's nose, who didn't mind one bit. it was the sensation of the wet dirt under her fingernails and the smooth leaves of the plants that kept her working effortlessly, ensuring she treated each plant with pure respect. nothing could stop the driven girl as she hummed along with the music beating in her airpods.

continuously working throughout the afternoon, the sky dimmed down into a dark blue, with a lone crescent moon illuminating light down the street.

the shop was silent with nothing but gwen's light humming. the said girl idly swept the broom across the store floor. she felt her eyes heavy with sleep once she threw the remaining trash into the garbage.

ten minutes until closing time, she pondered. plopping herself onto a stool, she decided to relax by reading a book.

the day was ending like it usually did, nothing was out of place or strange to her.

until the door opened.

"oh!" exclaimed gwen, surprised.

it was odd for someone to be coming into the store at this time, but gwendolyn didn't mind.

gingerly setting her book down, she smiled. "good afternoon sir, welcome to flora's flower shop!

she couldn't help but be surprised when she glanced at the man in front of her.

the tall man was well over six feet with a sturdy build, muscles bulging out from the black turtleneck he wore. long blonde locs lying on his shoulder in a ponytail contrasted well against his ebony skin, with his huge and heavy hands dressed in golden rings.

in other words, that guy was hot.

gwen met his eyes nervously, her customer-service smile still on her face. she noticed him eyeing her down with his cold hazel eyes, not saying a word.

"uh, excuse me, sir?"

"roses. you have any? my girlfriend loves them," he finally said.

gwen clasped her hands together excitedly. "oh, yes! they're a classic, aren't they? just follow me."

the man followed Gwendolyn silently, pulling his hands out of his pockets.

attempting to interrupt the awkward silence between them, gwendolyn opened her mouth to speak.

though, right as she did, she felt him come behind her, pressing his hand over her mouth urgently.

"hmph?" she shrieked, trying to squirm under the man's heavy grip.

"stop moving and it'll be easier in the end," he rasped.

unable to move any longer, gwen tried to keep her consciousness but felt her eyes closing against her will.

before her body hit the floor, she heard words uttering from the man's mouth.

"alright boss, i got her. what's the plan now?"

what is he talking about? she thought nervously, heart shaking in anxiety.

what does he need from me?

┈┈┈┈․°🌹°․┈┈┈┈

if you enjoyed please comment + vote :)