0.16

0.16

she felt dead

she felt dead. again.

how the hell do i get into these situations?

there was no point in trying to stay out of another conflict, as much as she'd tried. security and defense were raised to the max.

no one was allowed outside the building without a group of guards surrounding them, everyone was strictly required to check in every three to four hours.

and no one was allowed into her office without a reason completely relating to anything out of place.

everyone except gwendolyn, of course.

karla had kept her close as if she was the beast protecting his magic flower. in this case, gwendolyn truly was magic to her, the only thing keeping her from running into a fit of rage and quitting completely.

"my head feels like it's about to explode, gwen." karla sighed, rested her head against the desk.

gwendolyn wandered over to karla's hunched figure. "c'mon, get up. you'll get backaches lying like that."

"just one more paper," karla groaned. "i swear i'll stop."

"nuh-uh, i know how you are. go sit on the couch and i'll get you a drink ready, 'kay?" gwen kissed karla's cheek. "it'll take me a second."

some ice water would be amazing right now...

eventually, she pulled herself up from the chair, then threw herself onto the couch—face-first. she felt her eyes start to close slowly, any longer and she'd fall asleep.

the presence of gwen followed afterward, the clinking of ice against the glass. "don't fall asleep now, karla." gewndolyn sat the glass on top of the table next to her. "i've got your water for you."

"right, thanks," karla groaned. "going to sleep would be so nice right now."

gwendolyn hummed. "yeah, i get that feeling too. i'd love to just louge around all day and do nothing."