0.31 🌷

0.31

2:32 AM

2:32 AM.

karla blinked, rubbing her eyes after looking at her phone light.

2:32 AM.

"why am i up so early?" she murmured to herself.

she turned back to her side, phone in hand. dimming down the brightness, she looked at her agenda for the day.

meeting at 9:30, meeting at 12, another at 3...

it was only monday; how was her schedule so full?

closing off of that app, karla opened her messages. 50 unopened. yeah, she was that type of person.

but of course at the very top and the only pinned contact was gwen— not a single message of hers unanswered.

fine. i guess i'll open them. karla thought.

and right at the top, the first one she saw was:

Mother
Me and your father are stopping by.

Don't be dirty. Get up and clean.

Make sure that girl of yours looks presentable too.

If she's still around you, that is.

"je t'aime maman," karla sarcastically said. "at least she missed me and gwen."
(love you mom.)

maybe, the mafia boss thought. maybe she's gotten a bit better.

"'that girl,'" shaking her head, she put the phone back on the bedside table. "she has a name, mother."

yet she wouldn't pay that much attention.

what a bitch.

she felt her teeth grind against each other, her heartbeat beating after thinking about her mother's messages.

yeah. she hasn't changed a single bit.

over on the other side of the bed laid gwen. from the silence of the room, she could hear the soft breathe fall from gwendolyn's mouth and the continuous rise and fall of her chest.