◈Chapter 12

Mom brought both me and Hiroshi inside our house and led us into the living room where I found dad standing next to mom with an ashamed look on his face.

I sat down on the couch and Hiroshi sat next to me. Apparently he's already been told the news. That's when Mom began,

"Okay dear, I want you to know that both me and your dad love you so much."

Where is this going at

"-and that we're completely aware that this desicion will affect you completely," Dad added.

"Um so-"

"We agreed that we're going to get a... divorce."

-

-

Divorce.

That word rings inside my head. My head is spinning. I didn't just hear this. My parents were getting a divorce. My parents were-

No. This is just a nightmare. This isn't happening. This isn't real.

I just sat in silence, not saying anything. Just thinking. I'm feeling dizzy and I don't know what to do. I feel all their stares on me, waiting for me to say something. What should I say. What could I say. Do I say something? I have to.

"um, why-

why are you guys divorcing?" I brought up the courage to say, trying to not break down.

Mom took a deep breath and started,  "As you know I was supposed to arrive earlier than I originally planned. I took the chance to surprise your father so I didn't tell him. I came home today to an empty house your father was supposed to be in. I waited many hours until I lost patience. I texted him stating where he was at. No reply. I worried a lot so I called a bunch of people that could possibly know where he was located but no one knew. I figured out how to track the location of the car he was using, allowing me to see where he was. That's when I found out he was... cheating on me."

Silence broke out.

Tears were overflowing out my eyes.

I can't believe my dad...

That's when it hit me.

"so... all those times you were going on about 'oh I have so much work to do' 'oh I can't I have work', you were cheating on mom? What the hell? How many people are you seeing? Do you really expect mom and I to forgive you? You didn't spend time with us ever but we shook it off cause we loved you, but no, you were cheating and lying this ENTIRE TIME?
WHAT TH-"

"Y/n calm down. I understand you're mad bu-"

"I'm out."

I ran to my room, wiping the tears off my face. I could hear yelling from the living room so I decided to put on my noise cancelling headphones to block them out.

Time to overthink 🥰💪

I wasn't expecting this. Sure, I knew it was going to be bad news but still-

I don't know where or who i'm staying with. What's going to happen. Do they even know what they're going to do. What even is today, I thought she was coming tomorrow.

Checking my backpack, I notice that my phone's not there-

Shit.

Huh, isn't that great, I left it ALL THE WAY BACK IN TOKYO.

What am I going to do what am I going to do, I say to myself pacing around my bed.

I hope they don't check my Wattpad library.

Y/n this isn't the time to joke around.

My thoughts are out of control. I'm panicking way too much. It's gonna be fine. It's all fine. I'm fine.

I need to check up on my family whether I really don't want to or not. Lemme just say I don't want to at all.

Heading to the living room, I see mom and dad fighting about how the other person made me leave.

I bump into a table on accident, causing them to notice my appearance.

"Y/n, I truly am sorry and I feel terriblly guilty for the things that I've done. I know this is something unforgivable and I don't expect you to forgive me. Your mother and I just need to talk more about the details."

Time skip◈~ (I'M SORRY)

It's 4:56 in the morning and I need time to think about everything that happened. After dad's "apology," I was sent to my room so they could talk. Few hours later they called me and explained everything. Apparently, well, so far, I'm going to live with my-

                      Dad.

How pleasant. How amazing. How great.

I don't know the story much but my dad's girlfriend who he cheated with my mom are apparently ENGAGED and are getting married NEXT MONTH. This means he's going to be living with her and her son. My mom is going to live with her parents hours and hours away from here. There are no nearby schools where mom is going to live so they decided it would be best for me to live with my dad. I'm still going to be changing schools. And right after I just made friends in school. The school's called Aoba Josai? Yea I'm pretty sure that's what it's called.

So I'm going to have a step mom and a step brother now. OH, and they also have a daughter who moved out a few years ago. She's coming for the wedding. I'm not prepared for any of this.

I also forgot about Hiroshi. He's not going to work with my dad anymore. He's so nice and he gets along so well with my family, he doesn't deserve this.

I really, really hate this.