[CLOSED] Spellbinding Holiday

Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapter(s) may include flashing images/gifs.

It's the festive season, folks! Are you up for some holiday cheer? Join us, but expect a little bit of fear!

Witches and CitifiedFantasy are collaborating this holiday season to bring you a spooky, festive, magical, and spellbinding flashfic contest. Don your magical hats, grab the wand that can double as a pen, and weave magic through words.

PROMPTS:

You can choose any one of the prompts to create spellbinding flash fiction.

1. You move out of a party to get some fresh air, and a lightning bolt strikes in front of you. Everything blurs. When you open your eyes, you see something standing ahead, but it's not from Earth. To save everyone, you must show them the magical secret you have been hiding all your life.

2. Your father gave you a pendant this holiday. As you walk out of the house, an old woman says that she wants to hold it. But the rumours are that she's a witch. Will you allow her to hold it?

3. Your mother never allows you to enter the sequestered cabin. Is it not strange that a cabin is located in the middle of the city? But this holiday, your mother is not around. So, you enter the cabin with your friends, only to discover and uncork the magical secrets the cabin holds, and the potions your mother has been hiding.

GUIDELINES:

1. The deadline for submission of your entries is January 16th, 2022, at 23:59 PM EST. Any submission after this time will not be accepted.

2. The word count must remain between 800 - 1000 words.

3. The entry(s) must be in English.

4. The entry must be written for the prompts given above or should have evident relation to the said prompts.

5. It cannot be a pre-written story and must be written specifically for the contest. It can be a standalone story or published as a part of an already existing collection. If the story is in a collection, make sure to provide the chapter's link while submitting the form.

6. Your story must be Urban Fantasy as genre or subgenre.

7. As an author, you can enter multiple stories in the contest, but only one story per author can qualify to win.

8. Mature stories are not accepted for this contest.

9. Please pay attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Creativity and relevance to the prompt will also be taken into consideration during judging.

10. Your story must follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

Once you are ready with the story, please submit it via this FORM. Please note that only the stories submitted via the form are eligible for judging.

PRIZES:

A shoutout from both the participating profiles.

Sticker(s) will be given to the winning entry(s).

The winning entry(s) will be added to the Anthology books on CitifiedFantasy and Witches profiles.

In case of any queries, feel free to send a message to any of the collaborating profiles or let us know in the comment section. Don't forget to tag your friends who would be interested in joining the contest.

Good luck and have a magical time writing the story!