Chapter 23: The Final Test

I gaze in the direction of where the Prince disappeared to.

It's been a while since he's been gone and it was almost time for the 3rd part of the exam.

I turn to the man who seemed unfazed by his students actions, "Father, are you not worried?"

He simply looks at me with a reassuring gaze, "There's nothing to worry about, he's safe."

I frowned, "How do you know?" His eyes trailed off behind me before moving back to his food. As he continued eating, I decided to turn to the direction father glimpsed towards.

Relief filled my chest as I watched the First Prince walking back in our direction.

"I am back," Prince Alastair announced to us before settling down in his seat. His face expressionless as my fathers.

"Welcome back, Prince Alastair. You haven't missed much." I greet him with a smile.

Seeing how annoyed he looked when he walked away earlier made me feel embarrassed and guilty. I have been talking about myself and haven't really bothered on getting to know Alastair. Seeing father just made me so excited that I have forgotten that we weren't alone at all, it wasn't an appropriate time for us to catch up on things.

Father, on the other hand, wasn't bothered in the slightest and had to reassure me every 5 minutes that the prince was safe. Seeing as the prince wasn't hurt in any way, I had finally relaxed.

Should I take this opportunity to get to know him better?

Just as I was about to ask him something, clinking of glass had caused everyone to stop what they were doing and revert their attention towards the stage.

"Greetings everyone!" The principal grinned as he waved towards the audience, "I'm glad you all made it through the first two tests of this exam, hopefully it wasn't too much. Now that you've all filled your appetites, it is now time for the final test that will conclude this exam. Each and every one of you future Quarts will simply place your palm on this orb and push your magical energy into it, like so." As he places his palm onto the orb, it glows a brilliant red.

A chorus of awes and ohs, and even a few scoffs, went around the audience causing the principal to grin. He moves his palm away and the light fades while he claps his hands together.

"Now, we will be calling everyone alphabetically by last names! Starting off, we have Soren Aamphin..."

We watched as the kids, one by one, step up on the stage to assess their powers until it was Princes of the Azeroth Kingdom.

"Goodluck, Prince Alastair." I smile. He looks at me and nods before going off to the stage. He didn't look nervous as his brother, that bastard.

I keep my smile plastered on my face while thinking of stabbing that stupid second prince in my head.

I watched Prince Leonidas look at his brother with a curious gaze before going up the stage himself. As his hand was placed on the globe, it glowed a yellow color, although dim, it was quite apparent.

Whispers of astonishment flew around the crowd as we watched the first child to have his powers ranked as rare. Most of the children would be expected to have gotten green that ranged from a very dim green to a very bright green.

I anticipated it to happen so I didn't really react as much. I felt father notice my unusual reaction and I could only shrug indifferently.

Even Dory's more amazing than that prince.

The principal eyes him with an interested look before shooing him off the stage. It was Alastair's turn now.

Walking towards the globe with a poker face, more whispers arose within the crowd. I had only thought it was because he was the eldest prince and was extremely handsome that the adults were rather excited to see his powers, but as I listened closely, that was not the case.