Chapter 10: The Night is A Dangerous Time

My mood as of right now compared with earlier, I'd say I've calmed incredibly. After much reassurance, I've come to remember and realize that father is like a rock. A rock that shares little to no emotions and keeps his thoughts purely to himself. Receiving a response that tells what he's feeling is accomplishing enough, even for me. I was given something that would probably shock the whole kingdom into a heart attack.

I could just imagine the faces of overly jealous women who try to court my poor widowed father.

Well, it's not like he'll look their way anyways.

I smile, imagining father giving all his attention towards me while our backs are turned towards those reptilians. Just thinking about this makes me happier than I should be. I hum and swing my legs that dangle from the edge of the seat. My eyes gazed over the bright scenery in front of me.

The garden is a very unique sight, you could never find anything as beautiful as this anywhere in my past life. Well... maybe you could but because I grew up in the city, I was never really around fields of colorful flowers and green trees. You could only ever find such a view on the internet, but those pictures were most likely heavily edited to look good. I mean people do it to their photos, it's a norm really.

Sighing, I sipped the last bit of my tea before I made my way to the library. Rosy and Penelope were already waiting by the doors to greet me when I arrived.

"Miss Rosy, Miss Penelope." I acknowledged before entering the room.

"How was your afternoon tea, my Lady?" Rosy asks as they both follow after me into the library.

"Very relaxing, thank you." I nodded. We went to our usual spot and brought out three books from the shelf. I spent ten minutes stretching and meditating before having Penelope place the books on my body. The first time I had stretched and meditated in front of my maids, they gave me weird and questioning looks. They've gotten use to it by now but I could tell how much they wanted to ask me about it.

Oh well, I won't say anything unless they bring it up first.

Once the books were placed properly, I began to move. Five steps, one foot after another, then turn, five steps, one foot after another, then turn. A pattern I repeated, starting off at a slow pace before gradually speeding things up.

"Amazing! My Lady has improved incredibly!" Rosy awed as I walked around the room. I could balance the books but it would still wobble as I turned or took a step. As I took a sharp right, the books slid off my body and landed with a thud.

"Ah! You've lasted more than thirty seconds! Truly amazing!" Rosy noted as Penelope picked the fallen books from the floor.

"Lady Calista has been putting all her efforts into this, it's no wonder she's been improving after such a short amount of time." Penelope agreed with Rosy. I grin at their praises, feeling a bit of a boost in my ego.

"Let's do it again." I stated. As we went through the practice, Rosy and Penelope threw compliments and praises and some advice for me to follow.

"Shoulders a bit more back."

"Chin up, my Lady!"

"Remember, on your toes, not your heels..."

Needless to say, they were quite helpful and much needed. We spent hours before the sunset gleamed through the library windows. As the books fell off, I sauntered to a nearby chair and dramatically fell back on it.

"Well done, my Lady!" Rosy cheered as she came from behind to rub my shoulders.

"Yes, you've done very good, my Lady." Penelope nodded with a grin as she placed the books back in the shelves. Such sweet words melted my heart, I grinned.