𝕄useums aren't always boring

Nicki pulled the minivan's door open, ushering Zoë, Bianca and Grover out. She forced a stream of air out of her lungs, her breath visible in the cold air. Thalia appeared around the side of the van. 

Her spikey black hair stuck up even more than usual, and a yawn escaped her lips. Thalia threw Nicki's aviator jacket at her, a stern look on her face.

"You'll get sick." 

Nicki didn't have the energy to argue and pulled the jacket on over her M.I.T. hoodie. 

"Where are we going?" Bianca yawned, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Grover pointed toward one of the big buildings lining the Mall. Thalia nodded, allowing Grover to lead the way, her arm around Nicki.

The hair on the back of Nicki's neck pricked up. She glanced behind her feeling eyes on the back of her head. 

Opposite a black sedan, the air seemed to be pulsating. Nicki couldn't help a grin that slid onto her face as the air settled and Percy stood staring back at her. 

"What's got you so happy, Ash?" Thalia questioned, looking down over at the girl.

Nicki shrugged. "Just so excited to be here?"

"Lies. You'd rather be in hell than here right now."

"You know me so well, Sparky." 

"So what is it?"

Nicki shook her head, looking pointedly at Zoë and Bianca who were nearing them. Grover had stopped in front of a big building that said NATIONAL AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM.

Thalia checked the door. It was open, but there weren't many people going in. Too cold, and school was out of session.

"What is this?" Nicki muttered, trailing behind everyone else. She gazed around like a little kid in a candy store.

The main part of the museum was one huge room with rockets and aeroplanes hanging from the ceiling. Three levels of balconies curled around, so you could look at the exhibits from all different heights. The place wasn't crowded, just a few families and a couple of tour groups of kids, probably doing one of those holiday school trips

"The National Air and Space Museum." Zoë deadpanned, staring blankly at Nicki.

"And here I was thinking we bonded." 

Zoë pulled a face, scowling at Nicki. Nicki smiled back at her. 

Grover shifted awkwardly, glancing between the two girls. "Why don't we go up to the top balcony?"

Nicki broke eye contact, excitedly following Grover up the ramp. The saytr bleated out a laugh as Nicki bounced from foot to foot. She fought the urge to run.

Thalia was a beat behind the duo, with Zoë and Bianca trailing behind, complaining. 

Nicki turned to say something to Thalia, only to watch her get slammed into by a mop-haired boy, knocking her into an Apollo space capsule. 

Grover yelped in surprise. 

Before he could regain his balance, Zoë and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at his chest. Their bows seemed to have just appeared out of nowhere. 

When Zoë realized who he was, she didn't seem anxious to lower her bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?" 

"Percy!" Grover said. "Thank goodness." Zoë glared at him, and he blushed. "I mean, um, gosh. You're not supposed to be here!" 

"Luke," He said, trying to catch his breath. "He's here." 

The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. Nicki placed her hand supportively on Thalia's shoulder. Thalia put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"