Chapter 8

Kipo woke up to her friends poking at her face. They pulled away from her when they saw her waking up. She sat up rubbing her eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Ears sprouted from you're head." Dahlia pointed to her ears.

Kipo's face flushed red and she jumped out of bed. The other two jumped from her and fell to their butts.

"That happens sometimes." Kipo lightly pulled at her pointy ears. Her face is still red, as she hid in the corner.

"Oh, is it uncomfortable?" Asher sat back on the bed, as Kipo forced her ears away. She turned back to the twins.

"No. I don't feel it. Other than a tingle whenever it shows itself." Kipo sat back on the bed, between the twins.

"What is it like? Having something inside your mind?" Kipo remembers briefly talking about how the mutant inside her has a mind of its own. That it's a part of her, but also its own being. How its aggression, and desires plagued her.

"When it first showed, it was scary. Always chased me when I slept and made me angry. But once I accepted it being there, that all calmed down. But I've never let it out." The twins went silent at Kipo's words.

Asher gently grabbed Kipo's hand, and Dahlia couldn't lift her eyes from the sleeping pig.

"Guy's it's okay. I'm fine." Kipo smiled at her friends.

It was soft and bright. Though the twins could see it was forced, they found solace in it. Kipo stood from the bed and pulled open the door.

"HUGO! Do you have my slippers!" She yelled down the hall.

A thud came from the door at the end of the hall. Kipo sighed out and looked at her friends in her room.

"You guys want breakfast?" She asked.

The twins jumped out of bed and the three rushed down the stairs. Make sure to be loud. They went into the kitchen and started grabbing bowls. Pouring the cereal, and milk.

"Asher, careful." Kipo grabbed the milk carton and pulled it from Asher.

"I barely got any." They reached back for it.

"Are you kidding, that's an ocean. Do you want some cereal with that milk?" Dahlia nudged Asher.

The three finished eating and rushed back upstairs. They took turns changing out of their pj's. Kipo sat on her bed with mandu, and Asher sitting at her desk. The two sat in silence, watching the special pig sleep.

"What are we doing today?" Asher asked, breaking the silence.

"Meeting Troy in the park around noon," she said, just as Dahlia walked in.

Dahlia sat with Kipo on the bed. Lightly petting Mandu. Kipo texts Troy then jumps up. She doesn't say anything as she rushes out of the room, and into Hugo's room. Jumping onto the unsuspecting boy's bed.

"Take us to pick up Troy!"
__________________

Hugo sauntered down the stairs, greeted by three very impatient kids. He wore his pj's and sandals. Key's dangling from his hand. He glared at his little sister then lead them out to the car.

"We are picking up troy, then dropping you four off at the park. Then I'm going to sleep." Hugo said starting the car.

"Good luck at you're concert tomorrow," Asher said.

Hugo smiled then started the car. He drove past out of the suburbs, and past a pasture. Kipo watching the cows, out the window. Troy lives on the farm part of Los vistas. His is the third farm away from the town. He and his dad are busy with school, the farm, and the shop. It's a wonder that he even has time to spend with his friends. Hugo pulled into the farm and stopped in front of the house. He didn't get to honk the horn, before Troy came rushing out, with his dad at the door.