Chapter 10

Kipo lay on her bed sleeping, sprawled out on her back. Asher laid against her side hugging her. Dahlia sat next to Mandu who also cuddled into Kipo. Troy and Benson sat at the desk, as Song kneeled in front of Kipo, holding her hand.

"Hugo's on his way home," Leo said as he walked into the room with a glass of water. He sat it on the bedside table.

"What is she?" Benson asked. Everyone looked at him. The twins glared.

"If we tell you, will you freak out?" Leo asked.

"I'm here after seeing... whatever that was."

"Before I became a teacher, Song and I worked in a lab. There we did experiments with mutations. Song and I wanted to test it on her eggs. Then with artificial insemination Song got pregnant with our little Kipo." Leo looked at Benson who was thinking it through.

"She was a science experiment?" Everyone nodded.

"That's awesome!" Everyone shushed him as Kipo stirred.

"What's awesome?" Kipo mumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

Asher jumped on Kipo who was startled awake.

"You," they said, then quickly pulled away.

"Y-you were awesome the way you handled those assholes!" Asher grinned at her.

"Language," Leo scolded

"They're right though," Song said kissing Kipo's hand. Kipo sat up and looked at Benson.

"Hi... Benson." Benson nervously smiles, and so did Kipo.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," Kipo laughed pulling from the blanket only to be trapped by everyone.

"Hi, your all in my room... on my bed," Kipo forced a laugh.

Mandu crawled up on Kipo's lap and started licking her nose.

"Mandu stop." Kipo pulled the pig into a hug forcing her to stop licking.

Then Asher hugged the two. Kipo hugged back. Soon everyone was hugging Kipo as she tried to hug them all back.

"Enough, I need to breathe," Kipo groaned out pushing them all away. They let go of her and gave her some space.

"What was it like?" Asher asked the question everyone was dying to know. Kipo shrugged looking down at the pig on her lap.

"Peaceful... scary." Song took her daughter's hand again, lightly caressing it. Song knew how scary it was. Kipo looked at her mother with a smile.

"One day it's gonna overtake me... I don't think I'll be able to control it," Kipo looked down at Mandu who was falling asleep.

"We won't let that happen," Leo said. Everyone looked at Kipo with a smile. She smiled back.

"Can we leave my room now?"
___________________

Kipo sat outback with her friends. Daliah and Asher playing in the middle with Mandu. Kipo lost her smile and looked over at Benson.

"Where's wolf?" Benson forced a laugh and rubbed his neck.

"She uh... she wasn't okay... with what happened."

It hurt Benson to see the excitable girl's jaw tighten as water formed in her eyes. Kipo closed her eyes and cleared her throat.

"I'm gonna play with Mandu." Kipo stood from the chair and walked up to the twins.

Kipo smiled as the three threw a bag of cheesy puffs around as Mandu followed. Eventually, Kipo felt bad for the pig and opened the puffs giving them to Mandu.