xxvi

-
(mw)

A month had gone by since Harry and I had spoken, on my part anyway. The boy had continued to try and contact me, being ignored almost every time.

I was with Talia, in Simon and JJ's flat, when the space suddenly filled with noise. I looked over to the girl, her shrugging and leaving to look at the noise. I scrolled through my phone, waiting for her to come back inside.

"They're filming," she told me, throwing me a packet of crisps as she came to sit back down. "I have no idea what it is, but they're noisier out there."

I felt my heart drop a bit, knowing he was obviously out there, and that if I went out there, we'd most likely end up talking.

"Have you still not spoke?" Talia asked me. I shook my head, "do you not think you should?"

"I don't know Tal, it's weird now."

"How so?"

"Like, how do I know he wants me?"

Talia sighed, rubbing my leg in affection. "Just make it clear that if he wants you, he needs to focus on only you."

"I guess," I replied, thinking about how that sort of conversation between us would go down. It all seemed a bit too controlling for me.

"When they've finished, just bring him in here. If he still wants you, he'll be willing Mil, trust me."

-

Talia came back in, nodding to show me that they'd finished. I blew out some air, wiping my somewhat clammy hands on my joggers before leaving the room.

He was sitting on the sofa, scrolling through his phone, the rest of them hovering in the kitchen, making it slightly easier for me to drag him away.

"Harry," I spoke quietly, the boys eyes snapping up to me. He stuffed his phone away, arms leaning on his knees to show he was listening to me. "Do you think we could talk, maybe?"

The boy nodded instantly, ruffling his hair slightly before he got up to follow me. I held the bedroom door open for him, and closed it behind us softly once he was in the room.

"Look, I really am so sorry-" He started, attempting to grab my hands. I placed them in the pocket of my hoodie, sitting down on the edge of Talia and Simon's bed.

"Do you want me?" I asked him, getting right to the point, in hopes the conversation wouldn't last too long, if it was to go wrong.

"Do I want you?" He repeated, and I nodded. "Of course."

"Like want me, want me. As in relationship. Or do you want me to fill time until you find someone else?"

Harry scoffed, rubbing his face. "No Millie, I want you as a girlfriend."

"Would you lie to me?" Harry shook his head instantly. "Because I want this, Harry. I really do, but if Ella or whoever is still in the situation then I don't want to stop that-"

"Shutup," he interrupted, leaving his spot and coming to sit next to me. He placed a hand on my thigh, giving it a squeeze. "I love you, okay?"

"But-"

"But nothing. I want this and I want you," He huffed. I smiled lightly, looking up at him, the boy with rosy cheeks. "Do you believe me?"

"Until you give me another reason not to then yeah, I guess."

Harry nodded, pulling me up to stand between his legs. He ran his hands up and down my back, my own looping around his neck. One of his hands left my back, instead cupping my cheek and brining me in for a kiss.

"It'll work this time," he mumbled. "I swear."

-