xxvii

-
(hl)

I dipped my finger in the water, checking the temperature of it, before shutting off the tap, wiping my finger dry on my jogger shorts.

"Mil," I called, the girl walking in, long shirt covering her. "Bath."

She nodded, me walking past her and into the bedroom to grab her another shirt to put on afterwards. I lent against the doorway once i'd finished, smiling at her running the bubbles through her fingers.

She looked up at me, peaceful smile covering her lips. "You not coming? Or are you just gonna stare?"

My cheeks began to heat up at her question, the teasing tone to her voice making it worse.

"Do you want me to? Get in, I mean-"

She laughed, hair falling down her back as she tipped her head back. She looked at me, shaking her head.

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't want it."

I hummed, the girl shuffling backwards, giving me space to get in, in front of her. It was deep enough, the water waving against the upper stomach. Millie had the bubbles piled on her side, them stopping just before her neck, exposed- her head tipped back.

I closed my own eyes, head leaning against the tiled wall, the heat of the water making me tired. It was boiling, hotter than i'd ever have it, but the girl could bathe in fire. I pushed my hair back, it starting to stick to my forehead.

The two of us sat in silence for a while, nothing but heavy breaths filling the bathroom, only light coming from the bedroom filling the room.

The girl stretched her leg out, nudging my thigh, my eyes remained closed, though I hummed at her, questioning what she wanted.

"Attention?" She spoke, as if it was obvious. I only hummed again, the girl's foot nudging me harder. I lazily opened my eyes, the girl flashing me a smile.

She shuffled towards me, legs spreading out so she was practically sitting on my lap.

"Can I do summet' for you?" I asked, the girl giving me a scowl, before attempting to move from my lap. "I'm kidding."

"I have expectations Harry, you know-"

"Oh, I know," I interrupted her, Millie rolling her eyes at me, she had a hand resting against my chest, the other tracing my face.

"You don't have expectations though," I told her, the girl tilting her head, half wet hair sticking to her body. "You're high maintenance."

She nodded, wrapping her arms around my neck and tugging me towards her. She pressed a simple kiss to my lips. "I know."

I sighed, looking at her through my lashes, eyes still half shut.

"Don't fall asleep on me," She warned, nails tickling the back of my neck, running my hair through her hands.

"I won't," I somewhat whispered to her. Millie leaned in, pressing another kiss to my lips, then one on each cheek, my nose and then my forehead. I smiled while she was doing it, hands rubbing up and down her back.

She sat back, smiling with rosy cheeks at me. I smirked slightly at the sight. Millie on my lap, in a bath, rosy cheeks, wet hair. Beautiful.

So I told her, "You look beautiful."

Her cheeks only grew more red. She laid against my chest, nails scratching gently up and down my skin. I pressed kisses along her shoulder and up her neck. I moved back down, biting her shoulder to get her attention.

"Ow," she squirmed, causing me to groan slightly. She smacked my chest, so I laughed, grabbing onto her wrist and tugging her even closer to me. "I hate you."

"Hm." I hummed, "Do you?"

Millie nodded, an amused smile covering her face though. I cupped both her cheeks, squishing them together, her lips plumping up. She groaned, pushing me away from her.

"Well," I started, stopping her. "I love you."

She remained still, hands pressed against the very bottom of my chest, my eyes snapping to her hands, where she noticed and smirked. Her fingers began tracing shapes.

"Aw."

I scoffed, grabbing both of her hands and sitting up, our chests touching as we sat in the middle of the bath.

"Do you not love me back." I asked her, the girl sputtering out a laugh. She shook her head playfully, I gasped at her, frowning. "Okay. Well i'm gonna have to ask you to get out of my bath, give me back my clothes and leave my bloody house."

"It's technically your flat. But-"

I pushed her face away gently with my hand, the tips of her hair dipping into the water. She laughed loudly, it echoing even more due to being in the bathroom.

"I'm kidding," she squealed, my hands still pushing at her body. She clung to me though, an arm wrapped around my neck, one attempting to grab my hands. "You know I love you."

I stopped, smiling down at her. "Good."

-