Chapter 55

It was the next day already and I woke up with a huge smile on my face and instinctively placing my hands around my stomach wondering if I was truly pregnant but regardless I was really happy and saw a brighter future for us.

  I leaned closer to his embrace and started stroking his hair. It's crazy how I've come to love him and care about him this much especially how we started off on the wrong foot. Now he is my mate, my lover and soon enough baby daddy. It's just so exciting that I will soon be starting a family of my own but also I'm scared because I don't have any clue on what to do.

" I know you'll make a great mother." Damon said softly placing his hands on my stomach and I smiled at his words.

"Thank you. Although I'm scared, I'm looking forward to it and ready to start this journey with you." I confessed smiling and he let out a big smile too.

" I love you so much Lianna , I know you'll make the greatest queen any king has ever had." He said and I blushed a little. He was just making my heart soar higher.

"I love you too Damon." I said smiling and would have kissed him but morning breath was an hindrance.

  He chuckled before getting up. "We should get ready for the day. We have a meeting to discuss and a journey to embark on."

  I sighed as that brought me out of lala land. I had forgotten about everything else and chosen to focus on us alone but there's a world out there that we are a part of and some evil people we need to put an end to.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine. It will all be over soon." He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead before heading to the bathroom then on second thought he turned around and looked at me and I knew exactly what he was going to say.

  "Do you want to join me in the shower?" He asked and I rose to my feet answering yes as he carried me bridal style into the bathroom.

  After we had our bath Damon went for the meeting he had called with his warriors, elders and other officials and I made my way to Loranda's room to visit her.

  Walking into the room I found her staring at the window looking lost. She had no idea that I had been knocking or was even there except maybe by my scent.

  I went around to tap her and when she turned around I could see the tears on her eyes and I immediately felt sorry for her. I couldn't understand the pain she was going through but I know it wasn't easy for her. Loosing her mate, being pregnant with him not around, no one to talk to or hold at night. She felt so lonely and add that to the guilt she must be feeling that everything was her fault especially after what happened with Damon.

  I said nothing and just embraced her hoping that the hug could somewhat comfort her.

  " I don't know what to do, I'm feeling so lost and useless. There's really nothing to live for except my baby." She softly said crying. "I miss him, I don't know what to do, it's as if there is no reason for my existence. I just want to be with him."

  It broke my heart that she was feeling this way and I didn't know what to do that would help her. Her thinking of dying is certainly not the answer, I understand that she might be feeling depressed but we are here for her and she could always see a therapist or just someone to talk to and I'm here for her.

"I'm sure he would want you to live and be happy and take care of your child and love your child the way you loved him." I tried comforting her. "We need you Loranda, you are strong, you are powerful, you are loved. Everything is going to be fine in the end, I don't know how to bring your mate back but we are going to make sure that his child lives, grows and have a awesome life. You'll be a great mother." I said and she smiled a little rubbing her stomach.

"Thank you, I really needed that." She said embracing me tightly and I smiled glad that I could help in a way.

  She pulled out sniffing and I was confused for a moment. "You scent, it's laced with something else, oh my... you and Damon mated!" She exclaimed and hugged me. Seeing the mark she exclaimed again, "it's so lovely, my little sister is growing up, she's now a queen."

  I laughed hearing her words, I haven't officially been made one though but since Damon is a king that makes me a queen. Definitely didn't see that in my future.

"I'm just so happy that we have finally mated and I'm excited to see what this new phase will bring." I excitedly said, I really couldn't wait to have my children playing around especially with Loranda's child. It will be so lovely.

  She smiled then the next second she looked sad, "my child is not going to have a father. I really wanted a complete family, one I couldn't have but it turns out my child will be getting the same thing as well." She sadly said wiping the tears that was already spilling and I hugged her again, I don't think it was right for me to tell her about the fact that I could be pregnant. I guess I'll just wait till it has been confirmed.

  "You're going to make a great mother and show your child so much love and your child is going to love you so much as well and besides you have all of us, there are a lot of father figures here for your baby." I reassured her and she let out a small smile nodding.

"I'll be fine. I just need to avenge the death of my mate. I'll make those witches pay for every single thing they have done to me." She swore bitterly and I let out a small smile. Now that's what we need right now, for her to step back into her power. Those witches will regret messing with us. We will make them pay with their lives.

Thanks for reading,
Please don't forget to like, comment, share, add to reading list and library and recommend to friends.
I appreciate all the love that you've been showing and I'm happy that more people are interested in the book now and the views are slowly increasing. Thanks 🥰