Chapter 22

Xander's POV:

"Waddup my loyal subjects!" I announced after kicking the door to the dining room open.

Scaring half of the lingering slaves in the process, and earning a very Nico-like sigh from my brother a step behind me.

Doe's familiar giggle lead me to look directly where she was sitting with Khloe and Marcus.

Khloe's eyes planted right on Nico whereas Marcus just slumped in his seat.

"Good afternoon, Prince Nicolas and Prince Alexander," Lily spoke from behind the bar, "Did you come hungry?"

Ah Lily, so formal at such random times.

But, I can address that later, for now-

"You know I did," I replied heading directly over towards her.

I didn't hear Nico's steps following me but didn't stop to figure out why either.

If I was hungry then I just knew Doe was too.

"What'll it be today?" She asked, casually placing a full glass of blood on the bar in front of me.

She knew us way too well.

Various delightful scents radiated from behind her that I struggled to choose.

Although I did see some kind of cards splattered on the round table they were sitting at, and might want to get in on that.

So something I could eat with one hand.

"How about one of those pizzas, you know which topping and with a ton of the white sauce. Pretty please."

She nodded with a grin, "And for Doe?"

"Uh..."

I don't know why I had it in my mind that she'd already ordered.

I turned to look at her only to see her giving me a look as if to say, 'Yeah Xander, what are you getting me?'

I blinked at her before turning back.

"I um..."

I knew what she liked, but I also knew that she only liked certain things for dinner and lunch was basically a wildcard.

Lily's quiet snicker at my sudden bit of stress made me look at her.

"If you cant think of anything, I have something I've been meaning to try and I'm positive she'll like. I'll let you take credit for it too," She said with a wink.

I perked up in an instant, "This is why you're the best."

"One reason of many, dear," She replied, turning to face Nico as he approached behind me.

I thought about hanging back to roast his food choice but decided that I wanted to go over to Doe more.

Grabbing my glass, I made my way to do just that.

They chatted quietly while I approached, Khloe telling them that we'll all be eating together.

"Oh really," Doe dragged out the words, glancing at me once again with a pleased raise in her brows.

I replied with simply wiggling mine, snatching a chair from a nearby table.

I spun it so it sat backwards against the table, setting it right beside where Doe was and straddling it.

"Alright, what are we playing," I asked, looking over the cards.

Lucky for me, the name was right on the back of them.