Chapter 54

Doe's POV:

I decided to start keeping my guitar in the music room of this floor.

It just made sense to me for many reasons. This room was built for sound, had everything I could even think to need, and most of all, it was free of distraction whereas my room was absolutely not.

I posed the suggestion to Xander since that's where he kept his stuff most of the time, and he agreed.

And here I thought that the switch would be easy and take no more than a minute, but here I was sitting on a stool while Xander rearranged things to make our matching instruments look nice together.

Throwing together a little corner with all of our sheet music, and moved over a few stools to make it look like we both had our own little section.

And look good if we were to ever play together.

Which in theory was nice but... later.

I was easily distracted and felt out of my element playing an instrument I've only had for a few months next to a literal master of his.

"Doe!"

I jumped up onto my feet, startled by the sound of my name from someone who wasn't already in the room with me.

I turned to see Khloe giddily running in with something in her hand.

"Khloe!," I repeated her name in the same way she spoke mine, "How did you know I was here-"

The answer walked in a bit after her in the form of Nico, his eyes scanning the room over.

Khloe took up my attention rather fast after that, leaving the brother to greet themselves before she held out what she brought.

My eyes bulged realizing that what she had, was a canvas.

"I finished it!" She excitedly announced, presenting me with a finished painting that she'd started a few weeks ago.

A gift that she said she 'owed me' for a variety of things.

All of which I told her wasn't necessary, but she liked art, so I wasn't going to push any further when she kept insisting.

What I was seeing though was absolutely gorgeous. I knew she could draw well, I'd seen some sketches, but never one of her finished pieces.

This one she decided to outstandingly detail with watercolor.

I stared more so at the absolutely beautiful head of a fawn that claimed the right side of this painting over the left that heald my, admittedly accurate and very flattering side profile.

Holy shit did she make me look good.

A miscellaneous swirl of white and faint purple flowers acting as a border between the two, perfectly tying together the rest of the colors.

"Khloe I... Holy shit this is amazing," I couldn't think of any more words other than just the plain truth, "Thank you."

Her smile only brightened, telling me that this was something that she enjoyed more than I originally gave her credit for.

"Don't mention it. I had a lot of fun with it... After I spent like three hours trying to do your face justice, but I think I like how it came out."

She thinks?

Must be an artist thing.

Now I just gotta think about what I should get her for her birthday that would have as much thought and effort put into it.

I turned to Xander who was idly chatting with his brother.

"Xander come check this out!" I called, carefully turning the canvas to him.