Work Bae

Lauren POV

"Lauren I need you to bring your A game today, okay?" Tiffany stated.

Girl this job is trash , why tf do I need to be on my A game for this low wage ass job?

Like how tf do I sell the most shoes in this mf, I'm a assistant manager and I'm still not making shit?

Foot Locker got me fucked up . So who's hiring, Target?

"Tiffany no disrespect because I know you do view me as your child. But why do I have to always be the one to bring my A game? Why can't the entire staff outside of you and I bring their A game?" I asked Tiffany.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Lauren change yo tone while u talking to me. Now you need to be on your A game because our new hire has orientation today. So you need to show him the ropes properly , alright? " Tiffany said before we walked the office.

Whatever. I wonder who's the new hire gonna be.

It's summer 2012 and for foot locker to have a new hire, it must be change in the weather.

Cause we literally hire no more.

Anyway, I waited for the rest of the morning for the new hire to come.

While on my lunch, I asked my co workers if they knew who the new hire was.

They couldn't tell me. Then, a guy with black short dreads came in the store with a white T shirt, jeans and some Jordan's came in.

"Hey , welcome to Foot Locker. My name is Lauren, I'll be happy to assist you whenever your ready" I announced proudly.

This guy was fine as hell. I couldn't help but get distracted.

Whoever the new hire was, needed to hurry up. Before I get fired for staring this man down to long.

"Wassup ma, how u doing? I'm Dayvon. I'm here fa orientation " the guy said lowly.

Ohh shit. Not Dayvon from 61st and King Drive.

All the bitches be talking about him in here. How they wanna marry him, have his babies and everything.

Chile I could never. By the end of the day, Dayvon caught on pretty fast to everything.

I'm happy he's here. We need more good workers like him.

"How old u is ma?" Dayvon asked clocking out.

"I'm 18, how old are u?" I asked glancing at how he types on the computer.

He acts hella weird . But he'll pass since he fine.

"I just made 18 last month Onna 9th. U live around here?" He asked.

After exchanging words, we left out the store and went our separate ways.

(1 MONTH LATER)

"Lauren are you comfortable with taking your break the same as Dayvon? I know you like to go last but-" Tiffany said before I cut her off.

"Tiffany it's fine . It's fine. Don't worry , thank you" I said as we hugged.

Tiffany was the mom I never had. I raised myself . Tiffany helped me get a job at 16, gave me a place to stay & everything.

She deserves her flowers. I will forever give her those.

Von was working hard on the floor. Ladies definitely was buying shoes just to see him, but do your thing sis.

I walked up to the register next to him and he had a big ass koolaid smile on his face.

"Why you so happy for today? What happened?" I asked .

"Shit just grateful I'm here ma. I could of been down bad still, but I got me a nice ass job , I got cool ass co workers but it's the one that I'm trynna fuck with" he admitted.

"Hmmm interesting, and who's that?" I asked smiling.

Von looked at me then the clock. "I'll tell u when I come back from my break" he said clocking out.

I did the same and we was in the break room.

After a couple of minutes, I found out that Von had a serious crush on me.

I know I'm supposed to be this role model as an assistant manager but Chile Von making me melt.

"I wish I could but Von we are co workers. It's gone be hella awkward " I stated.

"No it's not ma. I won't tell nobody" he said .

I had Von go see if anybody was looking and we kissed.

We could of took it further but our break was over.

However, I was determined to take it there with Von.

2 hours go by and I have to lock up the store. However, I had Von stay back.

We entered the office and Von bent me over fucking me nice & slow on the desk.

I was moaning so loud that I forgot I was still at work.

After months after, Von and I became boyfriend and girlfriend.

We of course hid it at work but when it was time for breaks, we couldn't keep our hands off one another.

Everything was going well for next 6 months, it's now April 2013.

I'm the store manager, Von is a shift lead and my bestie Tori is the assistant manager.

Everything was right in the world . Until Tiffany demanded Von and her in her office.

We was looking chill asl. Like damn, we probably finna get another promotion? I was geeked.

Tiffany crossed her arms and looked like she wanted to hurt somebody. Man if looks could kill.

We sat in the chairs ready to sign some shit. "Sooo Dayvon and Lauren, I've heard from a bird that you two are dating" Tiffany say up.

Von looked at me and I looked at him. "Huh? No we not dating" I quickly replied.

"Lauren I'm not dumb ok? I was 18 before two. You see I would believe you but this tape from months ago tells me different" Tiffany said playing a rap that shows Von and I having sex in the office.

What's gonna happen? Are we fired? Will she call home?

Ik I said I raised myself but that's cause my dad ain't do shit fr.

We sat there wondering what will happen next .