Pressure

BASED ON ARI LENNOX SONG "PRESSURE"

Ari POV

Looking at my nails, I was so amazed at how the nail tech did them.

Tonight I was getting ready for the big ass party we have outsouth in Chicago. (Well atleast on my side of the street)

Every year on August 11, we throw a party for Odee. A beloved member of our community.

It's been 9 years and I miss him bad.

I put my clothes on and went to find my daughter Erica.

I had her young & I promised her I wouldn't let her grow up in the same environment I did.

So I didn't. I stay in the A now but we visit Chicago from here and there since it's my home town.

Plus my family is here so why not?

Anyway, I approach my daughter soon as I get dressed.

"Hey baby, get up"

Looking at my daughter, she got up rubbing her eyes.

"Where we going mommy?"

"I gotta drop you off to your grandma house. Come on stink"

My daughter and I was locked in. I had her when I was 19, so she basically watched me grow up.

She's 6 but wanna be 16 so bad.

I told her 'don't be like, be different from me'

Anyway, I head to mother's house to drop my baby off.

Then I drive to parkway to celebrate the party.

"Grandson for President! Be cool or get yo bitch ass trunked. Ain't talking elephant"

Chile this nigga Von is everywhere now.

He was my neighbor and classmate back in the day.

Bitches definitely was on his dick bad well still is and I just wasn't them types.

I mean yea he's cute but he ain't the only cute nigga on this earth.

I head to the park and run into my childhood friends.

"Girllll , yo ass need to move back here. It be turnt!"

No thank you , lmaoo.

I barley survived when I was here. If I didn't get out while I did, I probably would be dead .

Street niggas will kill you , pregnant And all. They don't give a damn.

That's why my ass left.

"Uh Uh Bri. I liked Atlanta better " I joked.

We was getting turnt. Of course I'm the one on the block that everybody liked even now, so I get in the crowd and start twerking.

Everybody was hyping me up.

After a while, I found myself almost getting emotional.

We was grown as hell, some of the ppl I grew up didn't make it to see their adulthood.

I was about to tear up when I see the last person I thought I would run into.

Mr. King Von , himself.

"Lil girl don't act like you don't see me"

I roll my eyes. Von always just curved me cause I got fat while I was pregnant then after.