fifteen

The familiar feeling of being sucked into a wormhole was as always, unpleasant. Though the second Lilith's blurry vision cleared up, the unpleasant feeling vanished in an instant. The sight before her was something else. 

May was the best time around to visit Romania, as it was spring. Lilith could only describe the scenery in one word -- lively. It reminded her so much of Persephone, spring reminded her of the change in seasons-- spring means Persephone was reunited with her mother, Demeter.

She breathed in the fresh air around her, a pretty smile growing on her face. It grew more when she caught sight of the mentor. 

"Catie!" She called out to her mentor, Hecate was standing under the entrance of what seemed to be a dragon sanctuary, with her hands behind her back. 

Lilith ran to her happily and greeted her in a warm hug. 

"I missed you!" the little girl grinned up at the Goddess.

"Missed you too, sweetheart. Are you all packed?"

"Mhm! It's right here." the girl patted at the small bag slung around her shoulders.

"Good, let's get you settled in. You can meet the dragons in the morning." The goddess told her, holding the girl's shoulders while leading her towards the inn they would be staying at.

--

The next morning, Lilith woke up early, a little bit too early. She couldn't help but be excited to see the dragons. It would be her first time seeing such beautiful creatures. If it were up to her, she would have gone to visit the dragons the second she arrived, but it was after midnight, and she wouldn't go against Hecate, she could be scary if she wanted to. Of course she could, she's one of the most powerful goddesses she knew.

Lilith came bounding down the stairs, she stayed alone in her room, since Hecate doesn't even sleep, and when arrived at the lobby of the inn, Hecate was sitting down on the table, reading a book she probably found in Hades' library. 

"Mornin'!" Lilith chirped brightly, "Can we go see the dragons now? Pleasee?" The girl begged, she just only woke up but she was so full of energy already.

"Breakfast first." Hecate pointed to the meal sat in front of her. 

Lilith pouted but complied nevertheless, knowing she would be berated by her father, Persephone, and Demeter all at once if she ever skipped a meal. They wanted her healthy, always.

Lilith chucked down the food as fast as she could, coughing a few times when she choked on whatever fruit she didn't chew enough of.

"Slow down, little witch." Hecate scolded, "The dragons aren't going anywhere."

Of course, she complied, she still held a fast pace, but chewing more carefully on her food.

"I'm done, let's go!" The girl exclaimed excitedly.

"Water." a finger pointed towards the glass of water. 

Lilith drank the water quickly, feeling a bit relieved when her throat was cleared. "Come on!"

Lilith stood, running towards the exit of the Inn.

"Kids." Hecate shook her head with a small sigh.

--

"Woah.." Her eyes were full of wonder as she stared at the mesmerizing creature in front of her. 

This was the first dragon she has ever laid her eyes on, and it surely left an incredible impression on the girl. The Hebridean Black had dark rough scales, ridges along its back, and a tail tipped with an arrow-shaped spike. She recalled Ron mentioning them as one of Great Britain's second indigenous dragon breed after the Common Green Welsh.