twenty

It was the end of their first year, and Lilith received her exams result from Professor McGonagall who handed it out to her with a proud smile. "Good job, Miss Jade. I'm looking forward to see you next year."

Lilith had jumped up in joy when she saw she had received all Outstanding for her lessons, (Granted, she had to 'convince' Professor Snape to not grade her exams based on his hatred towards Gryffindor) She knew her family would be proud of her. 

"Miss Jade." An airy voice called out to her, the girl turned to be  met with the twinkling eyes of Professor Dumbledore. "Walk with me."

Lilith followed the elder towards what she assumed was his office, before he gestured for her to sit down in front of his table. "Harry told me that you passed all the test on your own within an hour."

Lilith nodded innocently, "It was quite easy, I think."

Professor Dumbledore looked amused at her answer, "Why do you think so, Miss Jade?"

"Um-- All the tests provided were taught to us this year, and I'm pretty sure you wanted Harry to get past the test to stop Voldemort." She said thoughtfully. She knew Dumbledore wanted Harry to face Voldemort, that's for sure. However, she still couldn't tell if he had good or bad intentions.

The gods pretty much does the same thing as Dumbledore, using demigods (in this case, Harry) to deal with their problems. But considering she knew there was a Prophecy about the Dark Lord, and how Firenze said that he was to be killed by someone else, she was sure that the person was Harry, and she pretty much knew that Dumbledore had that all figured out too.

She knew well enough once a Prophecy is set, you can't exactly change it, sure there are loopholes, but still. One thing she wanted to know was why he didn't just come clean to Harry instead of leading Harry who was pretty much blind to everything towards Voldemort. 

Then again, the gods does the same thing, so she really didn't know what to think.

"Is it because of the Prophecy?" Dumbledore looked surprised at the fact that Lilith knew of the Prophecy. 

"Miss Jade, how do you know about the Prophecy?" He asked skeptically, trying to poke into her mind, but all he saw was nothingness.

"Um-- Firenze told me." She answered lamely, she really didn't want Firenze to get in trouble, but she had to put her, and her world first.

Dumbledore was confused as to why the centaur would tell anyone about it, they were hostile creatures, and pretty much despise wizards and witches. He was sure though, there was something strange about the girl, and he did not like it one bit. 

"Just saying Professor, if you want to use Harry to defeat Voldemort, the least you can do is help him, or teach him. I'm pretty sure he'll get killed if he doesn't know anything." She told him, quite bluntly.

She really didn't know that it was quite... unusual for her to say that, but growing up, she had always been taught to speak her mind.

"I.. will.. take that into consideration.." Was all the Professor could reply. Lilith nodded with a smile on her face before heading out of the office.

Dumbledore had to keep an eye on her.

---

It took quite a while for them all to get off the platform. A wizened old guard was up by the ticket barrier, letting them go through the gate in twos and threes so they didn't attract attention by all bursting out of a solid wall at once and alarming the Muggles.

"You must come and stay this summer," said Ron, "threeof you -- I'llsend you an owl."

"Thanks," said Harry, "I'll need something to look forward to." People jostled them as they moved forward toward the gateway back to the Muggle world. Some of them called:

"Bye, Harry!"

"See you, Potter!"

"Still famous," said Ron, grinning at him.

"Not where I'm going, I promise you," said Harry.

"I don't think I'll be able to come, Sorry, Ron." She told him apologetically, "I have summer camp."

"Oh!" Hermione perked up, "Do you have summer classes in the muggle world?"

"...Something like that." Lilith replied, eyes scanning the crowd for her family, before she spotted them, a grin lighting up her face. "I'll see you all after summer, Bye Ron, Harry, Hermione!" She waved at her friends before running off towards her family.

Hades was waiting for his daughter with a small smile on his face. He had missed her dearly, once he spotted her talking to her friends, a grin pulled up on the corner of his lips.

His daughter ran towards him quickly, and he had his arms out as he caught her into his arms, carrying her up. "Papa!"

"Hi sweetheart." Hades greeted his daughter with a kiss on her forehead. "I missed you." 

"I missed you too." She giggled, before looking towards the two women. "Um, can you put me down, Papa? I wanna hug aunt Catie and Sephie."

"No." He grumbled, "Papa...." Lilith laughed.

"Oh, come on love, put her down." Sephie rolled her eyes fondly, and Hades placed his daughter down with a grumble.

"Sephie! I missed you." She hugged her mother figure. "I've missed you as well, darling." Persephone smiled, greeting the girl with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, before letting her go.

"Aunt Catie." She smiled, hugging her mentor slash teacher slash aunt.

"Have a good year, sweetheart?" The goddess questioned, hugging the girl and kissing her cheek.

"Yes! I'll tell you about it at home! Oh, before I forget!" Lilith recalled, pulling out an envelope from her pocket, she handed it towards Hecate. "My grades." She grinned happily.

Persephone and hades peered over the goddess' shoulder, "What's an O?" Her father questioned.

"It stands for Outstanding. Basically an A+" Hecate replied, scanning over the girl's grades before letting out a pleased smile.

"Great Job, Lilith." Hecate praised, causing the girl to beam in happiness.

Hades grinned at the announcement and carried his daughter once more, "So proud of you, princess."

"Let's go home, shall we?"