𝟬𝟰𝟰. a holly jolly christmas

— ❝ ( chapter forty-four, a holly jolly christmas ) ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗

JANG MOONYOUNG WOKE UP EXCEPTIONALLY EARLY

JANG MOONYOUNG WOKE UP EXCEPTIONALLY EARLY. Normally, it would take an entire S.W.A.T team to get her out of bed lately, but it was Christmas, nothing could dampen her mood ─ nothing. Yet she found herself sitting alone, underneath the Christmas tree. She smiled to herself and admired all of the gifts her father had showered her with.

Her father was a busy man, and in compensation, he gave her whatever her heart desires. She doesn't mind, she's used to it now. She gets mountains and mountains of the newest, latest designer clothing and some shiny things.

But after the fun and excitement of the toys died away, she was left with emptiness. she frowned and looked around, picking up her gifts and taking them into her room and placing them down carefully on her bed.

She decided to go on a walk to clear her mind. putting on many layers, she finally stepped out of her apartment and the cold breeze still made her shiver ─ she connected her headphones to her phone and began strolling around the bustling city.

She admired the snow falling from the sky and hitting her face. She admired all of the buildings. No matter how many times she had always these streets, the beauty of New York had never died. Maybe it was always because she felt like she was a tourist and not at home.

Moonyoung had this ever-lasting theory that she never truly had a home per se. Because no matter where she settled, she could never feel like she was truly home, and so she just made peace with the face she would never have a home ─ not truly.

It was simple days like this that really get her going, the simplicity of having nothing to do was boring, and to entertain herself, she let her thoughts roam free which often led to her thoughts going to the deepest and darkest parts of her mind.

And it was also thoughts like these that almost kill her.

As she was walking, she felt a sudden eerieness. Like someone had been watching her ─ hurrying up her paste, she began to walk quickly, hoping to get away from that feeling. But with every step, she made she could feel this presence getting closer and closer.

She finally gathered the courage and whirled around. She was surprised to find just a happy middle-aged guy who smiled at her, baring his yellow teeth. She tried for a stiff smile and went back to minding her own business.

But then as she was walking, she felt a tug at her wrist. Flinching, she found herself being dragged into an alleyway, and desperate, she began to call for help. Screaming and thrashing, she gave up as these New Yorkers knew how to mind their own damn business.

She was finally let go as she was completely surrounded by a bunch of guys who looked like they had been doing crack for the last hour. "What do you want from me?" she asked, she tried to sound brave but her tone gave it away.

Youngjae was walking the streets when he could hear a familiar scream in the distance. Craning his neck and looking around, he could see Jang Moonyoung being dragged away by some man. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he began to sprint. not run, but full-on usain-bolt sprinting towards her.

When he arrived, he was surprised to see the small girl standing with her hands on her hips. "God, you losers are seriously new to this," he could hear Moonyoung scoff, "If you're going to rob me, you should at least have a gun,"

one of the men then pulled out a gun and pointed it at her threateningly, Moonyoung took a good look at it then frowned, "isn't that like a fake..?" she asked

"No! Shut up and give us your money!" the man said

"Okay, fine whatever," Moonyoung rolled her eyes, "How much money do you need?" she asked, looking into her purse.

the men faltered and one finally spoke up, "A hundred bucks,"

Moonyoung scoffed, "That's it?" she asked, she grabbed a few of the crumpled one-hundred-dollar bills in her purse and began to throw it in the air, the men watched in disbelief. "There's a couple ─ so you can buy your drugs. Now can you leave me alone?"

Youngjae would never forget the look on the men's faces as Moonyoung walked past them and over to him.

"Oh, it's you again," Moonyoung noted

"Hi," Youngjae nodded, "What are you doing on Christmas alone?"

Moonyoung shrugged, "My dad's busy. I could say the same about you,"

"I just needed the fresh air. My house is right down the street and there's way to many people,"

"Must be nice having a big family," Moonyoung remarked

Youngjae nodded, "Yeah, well until we play a game of monopoly," he paused, "Do you want to spend Christmas with my family?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck

"I feel like I'd be kind of ruining the family spirit," Moonyoung shook her head

"Oh no. We have family and friends over ─ c'mon, it'll be fun,"

Moonyoung finally relented.

When they arrived at the spacious townhouse, Youngjae had introduced her to the entire family and family friends and he was surprised to see that she was instantly welcomed. She greeted all of his aunties the right way, his parents seemed to have liked her, his grandma adored her, and all his cousins were pleasant to her.

Moonyoung ravished in all of the familial love. She wondered why Youngjae had always talked badly about his family when he had such a wonderful one. Albeit, the aunties are a little petty and annoying, it wasn't like Moonyoung hasn't had to deal with annoying Korean Ahjummas. And as she sat by the fire place, watching the family play monopoly she couldn't help but feel a warmth that spread throughout her body.

It had been a very holly jolly christmas, indeed.

── 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆. oh my god i finally updated. everyone needs to vote and congratulate me in the comments or else i'm going to sob. definatly going to time-skip soon because i can't handle writing without an actual plot 😭