10: One Down

Some time passes by while Fallon sits, waiting for Xavier to bring her the documents she needs and I do the same to give her company and a mindless chatter partner. 

 The topic of the test or the mafia, in general, doesn't come up again in our conversation, but a little something that sends my mind into a temporary state of paranoia does. 

"Lindsey told you about Sa-I mean Alessandro--" I cut myself off, before sweeping my gaze around the room to make sure no one else is listening, before reducing my voice to a mere whisper. "About Alessandro and me?" 

"Well in a way," Fallon admits, before offering me a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I won't tell the guys anything," she adds causing me to relax a bit. 

"I still can't believe Lindsey told you," I mutter under my breath, mentally already preparing a speech I'm going to give her about best friend confidentiality when I see her next.

"She didn't exactly tell me that," Fallon says, interrupting my train of thoughts. 

"But you just said..." I trail off confused. 

"Remember that time when that agent...what's his name?" 

"Special Agent Louis?" I offer, and she nods. 

"Yes, Special  Agent Louis. Remember the time he dropped by your basketball practices investigating your coach's murder?" She asks and I nod. 

"Yeah, you guys sorted things out there and Lindsey and I stayed over at your place while Xavier and you took care of some other work," I recall. 

"Yup, and we came back from handling things, Lindsey was pestering you about some details she wanted to know," she says and the memory immediately clicks in my head. 

That was the day Lindsey first found out about Sandro and me, 'That reminds me, I never go that coffee date Sandro promised me that day' 

"After that, it was only a matter of time before she inevitably let things slip and I put two and two together," Fallon shrugs. 

"Anyway, whenever you chose to tell the guys is between you and them, I'll stay out of it," she adds. 

"Thanks," I smile gratefully, just as her phone buzzes to life. 

"Oh looks like I need to head back to the office," she says, her eyes still glued to her phone. 

"What about the documents you need from Xavier?" I ask. 

"He's meeting me there with them," she replies before raising to her full height. "I'll see you around and all the best for the upcoming tests, you'll do great," she smiles and I return the gesture before she leaves. 

"Now what?" I mumble to myself. 

Bored out of my mind and with little to do, I settle on the idea of calming my racing thoughts by watching a movie or two and so head up to the theater room, but not before making a quick stop by the kitchen to pop some popcorn in the microwave. 

'Pop some popcorn' I chuckle inwardly at my terrible humor, as I make my way to the kitchen. 

While waiting for my popcorn to finish popping I let my thoughts run free as it presents me with a different scenario each time with what my first test could possibly be. After roughly above two-to-four minutes of this, I hear the satisfactory dinging of the microwave, putting my thoughts to rest, I carefully grab the bag from the microwave and empty it into a bowl. 

Having had already added a bit of butter to them before putting them in the microwave, I just finished emptying them in the bowl, grabbing a bottle of Mountain Dew--which I very strategically hide from Liam's and Seb's plain sight--I head upstairs.