Chapter 12

Poppy and Branch have become more open about their relationship whenever Val, Demo, Barb and Riff are around. Every now and then they would ask questions which Branch and Poppy didn't mind answering. They would joke a lot about it. Turns out Barb orginally thought they were secretly dating but, it didn't affect the fact that she still won the bet. The Hard Rock Queen took what she got.

Branch, Riff and Demo are out at a random bar while Poppy, Val and Barb are having a sleepover at the castle. Their just doing their own things. Basically they are having a Boys Night and a Girls Night on the same night.

At the bar Branch, Riff and Demo are sitting in the booth in the corner. Demo orders them a round of drinks happily. The waitress smiles nodding her head then walks away. The bar had bright colourful lights moving around with a live band performing. The music was loud and there were Rock trolls having all kinds of fun.

" So Dude got laid again before you left the apartment?", Demo jokes.

Riff laughs at the joke while Branch wasn't bothered. He didn't care about his friends making jokes about him and Poppy. He had nothing to be embarrassed about.

" No. We don't do it all the time. ", Branch says honestly and relaxed.

The waitress comes back with a tray with three beers and a little something extra. She gives Demo and Riff their beers first but, then she gave Branch his beer with napkin that had her number on it. She slides the napkin to him while her other hand touches his shoulder. Branch picks up the napkin then looks at her. She smiles flirty at him.

" What's this?", Branch asks blankly.

" My apartment number address. My name's Jessica and message me. ", the waitress says flirtatiously.

Then she touches his bicept as she gives him a wink before walking away. The three men watch her leave as fast as she came over. Branch looks down at her address as Riff whistles impressed and Demo picks up his glass beer bottle. The waitress clearly has an eye out for Branch.

" Wow,Bro. The ladies can't keep their hands off you and your not even trying. ", Demo comments impressed and jokingly.

Branch however was a little surprised but, had no interest in the waitress. This isn't the first time he was flirted with but, something inside Branch didn't want to keep the address. It's like ever since him and Poppy had that big magic kiss Branch has been feeling something completely new to him.

" Meh...", Branch says blankly.

Then he picks up the napkin and starts to crumble it. That action shocked Demo and Riff! Branch had never did that before when he got a Pretty or hot woman's address! It's like Branch didn't even want to take a chance which is true. He wasn't interested in her.

" Woah! Your not seriously going to throw her address away. Are you?", Riff says shocked.

" You Guys. I'm sure she's nice and I can see that she is pretty but, I am not really interested in her. ", Branch replies honestly.

Demo and Riff was still in shock by Branch. He wasn't interested? A pretty girl just gives him her address and he's not even going to think about keeping it? What is going on here?

" Dude, what the hell happened to you? ", Demo says in disbelief.

" I don't know. It's just since me and Poppy had that kiss to chase off her ex I have been feeling a little different... ", Branch admits.

He moves the napkin aside as Demo and Riff still looked at him. They weren't fully sure what Branch meant but, Demo got an small idea what is going on. He puts down his beer as Branch started to drink his beer.

" Are you falling for Poppy?", Demo asks directly.

Branch spits out his beer immediately after hearing Demo's question! His eyes were wide. Riff said nothing as he watched Branch's spit out beer stain the table. It is Branch's turn to be the one shocked. Branch didn't fully understand or know how he felt about Poppy right now. It's confusing and complicated right now. The last thing Branch wants to do is to mess up their relationship over him mistaking his feelings for something else!

" What? No! I mean I don't know. Agh! Look me and Poppy are just friends and even if I did start falling for her it probably not going to happen. She isn't interested in getting a boyfriend anyway. I really not sure how I feel about her at this point... ", Branch says panicked then softly and confused.

" Then keep the address. You can still go on dates and meet up with whoever you want. You might just be overthinking. ", Demo says calmly.

Branch paused for the moment thinking about what Demo said... Was he really overthinking? Or did something change between him and Poppy emotionally? Branch didn't know the answer.

Meanwhile at the sleepover Poppy and Val in Barb's bedroom with Barb. All three of them are their pajamas. Poppy brushes Val's hair with her hairbrush on the couch in Barb's room. The Queen is sitting on her bed near couch tuning her guitar.

" How is it being Queen?", Poppy asks curiously.

Barb has a blank look on her face as she continues to tune her guitar strings. Barb finds it difficult sometimes being Queen but, she manages to make it work. Barb is confident in how she runs the city.

" Nothing I can't handle. Actually going to the Pop Village in few days to meet up with the other tribe leaders. ", Barb says honestly.

" Me and Branch have been thinking about visiting our parents there. Maybe we should tag along since we are all going to the same place any way. ", Poppy suggests happily.

Barb looks up at Poppy. She knew how much Branch and Poppy's parents have been suggesting and encouraging them to visit. Maybe she should let them come along instead of it just being her and Riff. Barb had no reason to say "No" to the idea. It might be more fun to have some more company.

" Sure. Why not? ", Barb says agreeing.

" Don't forget me and Demo. ", Val adds happily and relaxed.

" Ooo! Let's make it a road trip. We hadn't been on one since we left High School. ", Poppy suggests happily and excitedly.

" Great idea, Popsqueak. ", Val replies liking the idea.

Barb smiles really liking the idea just like Val. The Rock Queen could still remember the first and last time they went on a road trip. Barb had so much fun during that whole week. Their parents actually got really worried when they didn't come back home in the morning like they said but, they were all newly adults so their parents couldn't just boss them around like they were children that summer.

" Not a bad idea, Popsqueak. I'll get Riff to arrange it. ", Barb says happily.