Chap 14 || Schooltrip (part 5)

"-you're my best friend after all!" He says smiling at me.

"Huh." Is my only response.

"I know we haven't know each other for so long but you really are my best friend!" He says smiling at me picking up a grape and throwing it in his mouth.

"Yeaah, totally." Is respond.

What the actual f*ck just happened. I confessed right. Saying I love him, and he said he loved me back, as friends!

The rest of the meal we sit and just observe the sky, and I'm questioning my confession. I was sure I was upfront about it, I can't really say anything, being friend-zoned and all.

"We should probably head back now." Hairo says starting to pack everything up.

I still don't get it, didn't he understand that I really meant that I love him as more then a friend or did he just try to make things less awkward.

I can't give up yet, but I don't think I can confess again today, that was a pretty hard thing to take but I just have to make him fall for me.

"Yeah sure, we have to be careful so we don't get caught though." I say when we make our way down and back to the hotel.

We sneak into the lobby and make sure none of the teachers are around before getting into the elevator.

Hairo clicks the buttons and we are on our way. Nothing more happens we get of the elevator say goodnight and go to our rooms.

I go up to my room and sneek through the door hoping no one will notice me but when I step inside the girls flock around me like gees.

"How did it go? Are you together now!" Yumehara says taking my shoulders and leading me into the room.

I feel like I want to just sink through the floor. How did they even know I like Hairo?

"No, he friend-zoned me, but to be honest I don't even think he realized what I said." I feel like I'm gonna cry from pure exhaustion from the night, but I put on a smile

"What, is he stupid or something!" Yumehara yells the rest of the girls noddig vigorously in agreement.

"Kinda, but I won't give up this easy, just for tonight. By the way, how did you even know that I like him."

"Because he asked us to help with this thing and we just assumed. Plus your pretty obvious about it y/n." Teruhachi says sweetly putting a hand on my shoulder reassuring.

"Oh really, that's nice of you guys. But I feel kinda tired now, can we take this tomorrow?"

"Of course y/n. Goodnight."

The next morning I feel like a zombie that got killed. We are going to go around in town today but I feel like just sleeping for the rest of the day. I don't know if I can face Hairo today. But I don't have a choice really when Mera wake me up by draging me our from under the covers. And yelling at me something about food and hurrying. So I change into the clothes that are given to me, not even noticing what it is and pushed out the door in a span of five minutes.

We meet up with the guys down in the lobby, Hairo is there and even if he makes my heart skip a beat when I see him I quickly look down so we don't make eye contact. I don't want to deal with this now and just enjoy the last day of the schooltrip.

We deside to go into town and check out some of the stores there. We have a lot of fun walking around and I find a lot of good food to eat so using up all my money. Not that I had a lot but oh well. I also share most of the food with Mera because she seems to always be starving.

After a while Mera finds a stand with freebies and starts eating as many as she can while we try to hold her back. When we finally get her out the guys are gone.

"Where did they go, they were here just a minute ago?" Yumehara says looking around.

"Maybe they accidentally left us?" Teruhachi continues.

We start walking into the middle of the city with no signs of the others being near. I start calling out to Kusuo in my head hoping he will hear and maybe lead us in the right direction at least. But there's no hope there.

"Hey girls wait up!" I hear an all to familiar voice behind me and turn around to be faced with Hairo running towards us at full speed with Kaido and Nendo having a hard time following.

"Oh you guys are here, where did you go?" I say turning all my attention to Kaido who's trying to get his breath back. Poor guy, probably haven't had to run like that in his whole life.

"We were walking and suddently you guys were gone. Saiki to!" Hairo answers my question not caring or noticing that I clearly didn't ask him.

"Kusuos gone?" I ask meeting Hairos eyes only to be met by that intense sight and quickly redirecting my sight.

He probably just wanted to get away from them, I still don't get why he hates them or something. It's probably not a real hatred but it's kinda sad to see. I gotta talk to him about it when we get back home. I mean they see him as a friend and if he doesn't do the same, it's just mean.

We all start walking towards some fancy Cafe Mera had heard about, apparently they serve some fancy coffeejelly, Kusuo should've really been with us now. I know he loves coffeejelly after all. Maybe he's already there, that wouldn't really surprise me to be honest.

We get to the place and orders some fancy coffeejelly and just when we get it Kusuo walks through the door. When he sees us he looks really dissatisfied, and it's probably because we apparently ordered the last of the fancy coffejelly.

We all end up sharing part of ours to him so that he gets an even bigger bowl of coffee jelly then the rest of us. Even if he doesn't want to admit it I know that it made him happy.

Just as I'm about to start enjoying my coffeejelly I remember my mistake of yesterday and hate myself once again. Oh well, at least it was an interesting school trip.