No Other Way.

Today is the day of the baby shower, and we finally get to know the gender of our baby. We don't have many friends between us so we decided to host an intimate gathering for our friends, my brother Dante, Mason's brothers, as well as Scott's grandmother and mother. Yup, we still talk even after the whole ordeal. I've found a strong support structure with them and I wouldn't have it no other way.

I'm wearing a baby blue wrap dress showing some cleavage with a slit on my right thigh with some Converse sneakers. No way I'm wearing heels with this heavy stomach.
Mason on the other hand, wore a pink casual button down shirt with some white Chino pants, and white loafers, looking as dashing as ever.

"If it isn't my gorgeous baby, look at you with your fine self."

I blushed hiding my face with my hands, "stooooop, you're embarrassing me."

He removed my hands, chuckling to himself, " hey, don't hide your face, I'm serious. You look ravishing my love. If you weren't so heavily pregnant I would bend your fine ass over the basin and -"

"Hoooe-kay dude, now's not the time to be thinking about that." I laughed awkwardly trying to rid the sexual tension in the room.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? The guests are outside." We walked out onto the backyard where the party was held and heard an applause from our friends and family.

Gertrude, Scott's grandmother, came over to me with tears streaming down her face. "Zara baby, you're having a baby? I can't believe it. Just yesterday you were in your diapers, and now you're a grown woman, beautiful as can be."

Her words tugged at my heart strings, also bringing tears to my eyes. " Ugh Getty, you're gonna make me ruin my makeup."

"Oh shush child, we're always gonna be here for you, don't forget, we're still family after all." Scott's mother, Marie walked on over to us and gave me the bone crushing hug.

"Marie, watch it." Teased Gertrude.

She pulled back with a sheepish smile on her face and held both of my hands. " Zara, although things didn't end up the way we thought it would, the fact that you're happy with this handsome man over here -" gesturing to Mason "- is all that matters. You deserve it dear."

"Thank you Marie. It really means a lot to me."

"Hey Sweetie!!!!" Alex moved through the crowd with his husband hot on his trail. " I can't believe you didn't greet me yet!!!"

We pulled away from our hug with a questioning look on my face, "Alex, last time I checked, you're the one who's supposed to be finding me. I am the guest of honor after all."

"I know sweetie, I just missed you is all."

I looked over to Brian and asked dramatically, "how do you deal with this on a daily? I can't even tolerate him for a full hour!!!!!"

Brian looked over at Alex lovingly, " I honestly don't mind it, as long as he's by my side that's all that matters. Plus, it creates that perfect balance you know?" All Alex could do was look down, a stupid blush on his face.

He was right, Alex was the fun, carefree, loud bitch while Brian was calm, sweet, and laid back. It's insane how they've been married for 2 years and still madly in love with one another.
"And Mason?"

"Yeah Alex?"

"I expect you to treat my best friend with respect, she's been though enough bullshit and she needs this. She deserves this. You hurt her, and I hurt your damn balls. Is that clear?" He said with a stern expression .

He looked back at Alex, vexxed out of his mind, but managed to answer with a even voice, "of course. I intend on treating her like a Queen, always."

"Hmm....okay, you're good. But I got my eye on you. And as for you?-" pointing to me, "- I expect to get godfather priveledges, and babysitting. Got that?"