What Transaction?

Mason's P.O.V :

Hurt. Hurt is all I feel right now. The only woman I've actually, truly loved is gone. And it's all my fault. She hasn't been answering my phone calls, and I don't blame her. The look on her face is something I've never seen before in our 11 months of dating. She looked, broken, betrayed, lost. There's nothing I'd love to do rather than to go back to her and fucking grovel for her forgiveness.

I stand up from my office table, filled with all kinds of alcohol and head to the bathroom. I am horrified when I see my reflection in the mirror. Dull lifeless grey eyes look back at me. Taunting me. Toying with my head. My once jet black hair had gone completely stale, and oily, a dark stubble forming on my face, dark circles under my eyes, indicate of the countless nights I've been spending trying to come together with a plan to win her back. I want her. I absolutely neeeeeed her. And I will do whatever it takes to win her back.

"A knock at the door, revealed our helper Bethany, with a plate of food and turned towards me, " Mr Anderson, I brought you some food since you didn't eat last night, and I don't think Ms Zara would like to see you starving yourself. She was right, but I couldn't bring myself to eat. I can't. Nonetheless thanked her, and she set the food down.

"Oh, and Mr Anderson?"

"Yes?"

"Fiona is here to see you."

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

"What are you doing here? Haven't you done enough trouble already?"

"I just want to talk. About us. I miss you-"

"Stop right there. Last time I checked you abandoned me after my accident. What was the last thing you said again?"

"Mason let's not go back to the past-"

"Oh yeah that's right. 'I can't deal with this. You are an inconvenience for me. I can't take care of a cripple. I want a normal life with a person who can actually walk.' 
You're the one who walked away from this, from our arrangement, and now you think just because I can walk now all will be well? "

"Just stop acting like a baby for once and listen to me Mason !!!!! I was stupid, I didn't know what I was thinking, I'm sorry baby, I'll never do that again. We can even create our own family, and be one happy family...."

I laughed. I laughed like my life depended on it. So  much so that I had to hold onto my knees for support. How much more delusional can she be?
I composed myself before responding to her.

"Well, I'm afraid you're 3 years too late. I'm finally happy, with a woman that loves me for me, and never judges my past. She's not after my money, nor does she care for it. She accepts me and my flaws and shortcomings, and she's the woman I see myself spending the rest of my life with. I'm madly in love with her, and neither you or anyone can tell me otherwise. And don't think I don't know you slept with Logan Davis 3 months after we got married."

Her eyes widened as I said this, confirming my supsicions.

"Or Jasper Hamilton, CEO of Hamilton Corp., or maybe Jack Sparrow of Blueberry Inc. or maybe Charles Ross of Ross Wineries -"

"-how did you know all that? Who told you that?" Her innocent facade long gone.

"You really think that I wouldn't know who my shareholders regular sneaky link was? I mean, I gotta give you an A for effort, but as for thinking you'd go behind my back for something so low, even for you, and thinking I wouldn't find out how much of a dirty slut you are?"

"We can still fix this-"

"-why would I wanna end up with a community hoe again?" I asked pretending to think hard. "And the last time I checked, it was your idea to only have sex with each other, no outsiders, remember? "