Chapter 3

I felt confused then skimmed a few more pages "'Lady Eleanor, please! Stop this! I have no intention of stealing the crown prince!' I screamed. She let out a small laugh, then held her stomach as she laughed crazily. 'No intention? Then you won't mind dropping out of school, would you? since you have no interest in him why don't you just go away? Very far away. To end your suffering,' she laughed as I clenched my fists.'" I read aloud.

'And where am I in all this? Am I just a background character?' I skipped to the end and since there was no table of content I also read the second to last page.

"After I woke up from my coma I saw him there waiting by my bedside. 'Sorin... You didn't have to stay here with me...' 'Odessa! I was so worried... I'll make her pay... I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, Odessa,' I shook my head and told him it wasn't his fault. Eleanor had pushed me off the stairs when Sorin had announced the engagement of him and Madeline to be annulled.'"

'Hm...Ah...Ooooookaaaaaayy. Not the best story. In the first place, why would you even accept the feelings of a guy who has a fiance? It's Disgusting.' I thought as I read on.

I skimmed a few words until my eyes stopped at six words. "It was time for Eleanor's execution,"

I almost screamed in frustration and got angrier with what she said next. "I told Sorin that he didn't have to go this far but he insisted so I couldn't do anything,"

What do you mean you 'couldn't do anything'!?!? You said he loved you! If he loved you he'd listen!

So short version of the story, they killed Eleanor and she didn't feel too bad after a few days then Sorin destroyed Eleanor's whole family behind Odessa's back she was upset for a month or two but got over it. The noble family he destroyed was a ducal house, one that helped found the kingdom and were popular with commoners and nobles alike. Also being richer than the royal family. The people were outraged but Odessa being a hero coming back from the war for her amazing healing and light ability everyone loved her and forgot about the now non-existent ducal home and everyone else lived happily ever after...

That is pretty trashy... And I don't think it would be that easy to get rid of this kind of house. There are a few loopholes here and there.

Eleanor is the villainess I guess, though the end would have been satisfying if the heroine was actually smart and cunning but she's pretty dumb and Eleanor's death fell to the hands of the yandere prince which ticks me off a little.

Plus the villainess was only ever thinking about her younger sister who was ruthlessly killed by her fiance whom she loved, mind you. She was innocent but he needed to off her too since she held power stronger than him.

If I were to guess he was already irritated with the Riverstead family to begin with for being known as the true power.

He also probably stole all the Riverstead's assets in the guise of 'they hurt the love of my life so I'm going to kill them' which the heroine thought was kind of sweet but it was only an excuse to take all the money, property, and other things from the Riverstead family.

And there were most likely more than a few loyal people who couldn't be payed off and were killed and maybe more than just a few rebellions in their rule.

And where are me and my family? Dead...

Yeah, no. Not on my watch. If I'm going to be living here for the rest of my life I'm going to make sure I live until I die from a natural death. And I'm going to make sure of that for my new family as well.

I closed the book and put it on top of the pile of books I planned to take to my room.

I put my hands on my hips and looked at the pile.

'If I can carry a big water bottle to the dispenser I can carry this pile of books!' I thought encouraging myself.

"Okay! Hyup! Oh, it's lighter than I expected!" I then carried the books on my own successfully.

I spent most of my time reading until dinner. I learned that there are some kingdoms far away that have dark-skinned people and royals.

That's where my mother probably came from. But most of these kingdoms are quite poor but all rich in natural resources.

Pretty similar situation in my old country, they must have an abundance in military resources as well if they've escaped this many invasions.

But for where I'm living currently, I live in the Arclea empire which is one of continent's well known kingdoms.

And from reading more of that novel I learned that the heroine is from Delacia, a kingdom devoted to the gods. Although I only believe in one.

Magic is also known here as gifts of the gods, since only few people have magic and mostly all magic users come from Delacia.

And about my sister... It seems that she was born from another mother but the same father. It wasn't because he cheated but because his first wife who was also from Delacia, had died while giving birth to Eleanor.

And my mother who was from another kingdom named Bailando. Since I know a bit of spanish I know that means dancing.

And that place happens to be an entertainment capital and my mother was a dancer that came from there. I was bullied for my dark skin and because my mom was a poor dancer who climbed the ranks, some even had the gull to call her a slut. But father made sure to silence those kinds of people each time he caught wind of it.

Eleanor is prideful but is sure to protect her family best she can especially her younger sister who was very timid, shy, and naive.

It's good that she considers me as her real sister and my mother as her mother.

So if I'm at home right now the heroine must be with the crown prince since she has no parents to spend her winter break with since they're currently at a different country for work. A day before we go back to school a winter ball will be held in the imperial palace to celebrate the end of winter.

which will be an important event. This is where Eleanor pushes Odessa down the stairs.

----------

I've spent a good deal of my time re-learning my potion brewing or history and practicing baking. Everyone was shocked at first and reluctant to try it but loved it when they did try it.

there wasn't much to re-learn since etiquette, math, and the magical scientific theory was engraved in this body's brain.

we had just received the invitation to the students' only end-of-winter ball.

Eleanor scoffed, "Let's show them the new you, Madeline. I'll make sure every one of them regret ever bullying you hehehehe," she said with a menacing smile.

"I'll make sure to help make my daughters the best in show hehehe," said mother with that scary kind smile.

"Make sure not to spare any expense. Drain the treasury if you have to," said my father dead-serious.

I laughed nervously.

'This is going to be a long day...'

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°and cut!°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°