Chapter 10

In the middle of the month there would be a standard affinity check to see how you've improved your magic.

I was a bit worried because Carter and Amelia weren't here yet.

"Help! Lady Amelia needs Help!" Carter suddenly burst through the door screaming for help.

I quickly stood up and ran as fast as I could as I heard the clash of metal.

'I knew something was wrong' I thought to myself.

I saw Amelia drop her sword as I slid to grab her sword and intercept the attacker's sword from below.

Just then the other martial artist students came as back up.

The students positioned themselves behind the attacker as I pushed them towards the students.

Every blow made my arms weak. I couldn't hold up against them for too long.

Just when I thought I could successfully graze him he ducked and sprinted for Amelia.

I grabbed their cloak and slid under him.

I tried to position myself to block but I was too late...

Their sword pierced my stomach.

"Madeline!" A voice screamed.

Patricia was going all out but the attacker fled successfully.

My sight started to darken as I fell into someone's warm embrace.

"... So... rin?" I felt hot tears fall on my face as I fell into darkness...

-3rd person pov-

The blonde prince held his fiancé close to his heart as he cried in panic.

"Don't just stand there! Help her!" He screamed angrily, feeling her body go limp.

Patricia wanted to take Madeline away from him, she wanted to reprimand him for his behavior but Amelia stopped her.

"The healers are on their way, your highness," Carter replied with a cold glare.

Carter could do nothing but clench his fists until they bled.

He doesn't deserve to hold her. How dare he touch her? He thought to himself.

"Where?! I will bring her to them myself!" He said adjusting Madeline.

"Don't move her, Sorin," called a sweet silk voice.

"Odessa..." he called uncomfortably.

"I can help her, but don't move her so much. She'll lose blood," she said as she put her glowing hands on Madeline's stomach.

"Don't touch her!" Screamed Eleanor.

Cameron held her back. "Eleanor, she's the only one that can help her now..." He whispered sadly.

Eleanor fell to the ground swallowing her frustrations in tears.

Why'd it have to be them? Madeline... Please be okay... Shy prayed silently.

It was done and Odessa had saved Madeline's life.

The healers came a little before she finished then took Madeline to her dorm with the prince following suit. Glancing at Odessa.

Odessa smiled and turned to confront Lady Eleanor.

Odessa looked down at the pitiful Eleanor who bit her lip in frustration.

Cameron helped her up as he coldly nodded to Odessa in acknowledgment.

"Thank you for saving my sister..." Eleanor said begrudgingly.