03 ; Cartenon Temple

IT WAS THEN, THE GOD STATUE'S TWO BLACK EYES CHANGED TO RED

Was this the instincts of a Hunter? No, the instincts of a living being were sending out urgent warning signals. Something was coming. Something none of them could contend with!

"GET DOWN!!" Cha (Y/n) yelled, diving down as he pushed Sung Jin-Woo and Lee Ju-Hee onto the floor. Almost at the same time, red beams of light shot out from the eyes of the god statue.

BUZZZ!!

The beam shot right by the spot (Y/n) had been standing. A tenth of a second - No, he survived by one-hundredth of a second. That was definitely too close for comfort. Unfortunately, not everyone was as lucky as (Y/n).

"Uwaaahk?!"

"Euh-ahahack!!"

Those who were swallowed up by the red light evaporated where they stood. Only the ashes of what used to be human Hunters remained where the beam flew past. The screams came not from the dead Hunters, but those who witnessed their final moments from the sidelines, actually.

"What the fuck was that?!"

"Euh, euh-euh..."

"How, how can such a thing even be..." the remaining Hunters began to freak out.

Hunters stared at Cha (Y/n) while nervously swallowing their saliva. He turned out to be their unlikely saviour. Without his timely warning, they could only imagine what would've happened to them and that thought sent chills down their spines.

"....."

While still lying prostrate on the ground, (Y/n) glared at the god statue with his [e/c] eyes started to glow a light blue hue as if his gaze was more intimidating more than the statue's. Its eyes were still glowing in red, glaring back at [h/c] haired male but it did not attack again.

'Is the attack... over?' Sung Jin-Woo thought.

Cha (Y/n) glanced at Sung Jin-Woo who had Lee Ju-Hee underneath him. The scared-silly Lee Ju-Hee was trembling in his arms. Her breathing was getting rougher by the second. Of course, both of them couldn't let her be like this.

This was the reason why she worked for the Association and not for a big Guild, and participated in simple raids like this one, even though she was nominally an excellent Hunter with a rank as high as 'B'.

(Y/n) was about to raise his body up, thinking that he gotta do something here, but then, someone grabbed his shoulders and pushed him back down, hard - yet he wanted to resist it.

"Don't get up."

It was Song Chi-Yul, somehow next to the youth before anyone had noticed it. (Y/n)'s gaze softened upon seeing his master as he did as he was told.

"Nobody move! Stay exactly where you are!" Song Chi-Yul shouted, alarming the survivors before glancing at his former disciple. However, he could see his shocked face, his eyes narrowed at his left arm.