Just the Way It Is

*I don't own the rights to the grey's anatomy characters.*

Miranda stood at the kitchen counter as she watched the coffee maker pour the coffee into her favorite shiny, blue coffee mug. When it was done she placed her husband's black one in place and then poured creamer and a little sugar into her coffee.

Miranda picked up the cup, blew on it lightly to cool it off and then took a sip. She smiled from the warmth and the smooth, rich taste of the coffee. She loved these early morning moments that she got to have to herself before her husband came out to meet her.

Just like clock work, a few moments later Tucker walked into the kitchen. Miranda watched as her husband of almost 30 years walked into the kitchen towards her. He swaggered towards her slowly like he always did and graced her with his pearly white smile that made her fall for him years ago. He towered over her being almost two feet taller than her.

She handed him his black coffee mug and he pecked her lips before sipping the coffee. "Good morning Tucker Jones."

"Good morning Miranda, what are your plans today?"

Miranda smiled because she was finally going back to working as a surgeon full time. Now that their son Tuck was off in college and they were empty nesters, she had more time to do what she always loved.

Tucker never liked her choice in career and it caused some issues between them. Especially when they found out she was pregnant with Tuck. Tucker felt like she should've been focused on being a mother and wife. When Tuck started preschool and she was an attending so she decided to give Tucker what he wanted and she took a step back from working.

When their son was just one year old she was given the opportunity to do pediatric surgeon fellowship but Tucker gave her an ultimatum. Either she just finish her residency as a general surgeon and work less hours or he would divorce her. The ultimatum broke her because being the best and most achieved surgeon was all she wanted. But she wanted her marriage and honestly he was the only man she'd ever known and she didn't want to start over.

Somedays she wasn't sure if sticking it out was the right choice but they eventually worked through it. Tucker was a good man, he just had traditional views on relationships and she loved him.

Miranda had been miserable all those years because her career wasn't advancing like she wanted. But she loved her husband and son so she agreed to continue being on the sidelines of her career as long as she could focus on her career once their son was older and in college.

And now that their son was grown it was her time to shine. Yes she was older but she wasn't going to let that stop her. She still achieved a lot even though she wasn't working as much as she felt she should've been. But now she was going to be able to do more and at a faster pace.

"Hmm I'm going to the hospital to work in the new genome lab I was able to get the board to agree to," Miranda said smiling.

"So you're still going to be home by 6pm though," Tuck asked but was more so telling.

"Hmmm no I have a lot to do. I have lots of DNA samples to analyze to find the specific genes that are causing diseases and disorders."

Tucker's facial expression stiffened and his jaw clenched in disappointment. Miranda walked over to her husband and stood beside him allowing her body to graze his.

"We agreed that when our son was older that I would get to do what I loved which is to be a great surgeon and scientist. I gave up a lot just so you could have the traditional wife you wanted....please let me have my time now," Miranda said in a low, stern but soft voice.

Tucker looked down at her and sipped his coffee hard before gulping it down and placing the coffee mug on the kitchen island. He moved away from her and glanced at her before heading back to their bedroom to get ready for work. Miranda sighed deeply before pouring the coffee out and placing their coffee mugs in the dish washer.

Miranda stepped into shower behind Tucker and he moved letting the water hit her body and she soaped up her body. The couple stood in the shower in silence bathing. Miranda loved the smell of their individual body washes mixed together. It always made her feel like they were right for each other even when everything else made her question that fact.

Miranda looked over her shoulder at her husband who was turned the opposite way. Sometimes she wished he wasn't so stubborn but she herself was just as stubborn. They hadn't made love in a week and she really could use a release right now.

Miranda gave in, turning around and rubbing his back. Tucker looked over his shoulder at her and his face soften as he turned around. They got out of the shower and Tucker placed a towel on the closed toilet before sitting down.

Miranda smiled as he pulled her onto his lap and she straddled him before slowly lowering herself onto his manhood. They both smiled as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and he gripped her big, plump ass as she began to ride him.

This was Miranda's favorite position because she got to control their sex and it was the only position she actually came and orgasmed in.

After their session Miranda stood in their full length mirror dressed and smiling as she put her earrings on. The sex they'd just had was just what she needed to start the day. And Tucker wouldn't stop talking which was usually a indication that he was happy and all was well with their relationship for the day.

"So I will find something to cook for dinner tonight so you don't have to worry about it. And hopefully you will come home soon enough to eat," Tucker said with reluctance in his voice.

Miranda rolled her eyes as they walked to the front door. She turned around and looked at him for a moment. " I will try to be home soon enough to eat and enjoy whatever you cook," Miranda said before they kissed and got in their cars.