Connected But Separate

Miranda decided to get that apartment that was in Ben's building. And to make matters worse it was just a few doors down from him. Now that it was reality she definitely felt like a stalker.  Miranda walked to her apartment and sat in the bathroom because the nausea was overwhelming but at the same time she needed to eat food. She ordered food while she waited for the furniture company to come and deliver her furniture. She needed them to hurry because she also had to go meet with Tucker and their lawyers so they could get the separation process legally started.

Soon she got a call from the delivery drivers that they were down stairs and Miranda instructed them where to come. They setup her living room furniture first and then brought in her bedroom set and were done in two hours. Miranda stared into the second bedroom that she planned to turn into the nursery and she couldn't believe that was even a reality for her.

"MY BABY, oh God Tuck. What is he going to think when he comes home for the summer and his parents are divorced?" Miranda said to herself getting emotional.

In all of this Miranda didn't consider how it would affect her son. He would have to find out that his mom who he adored, cheated on his father. Miranda shook that from her mind because she already had so much to deal with. She got ready to go to the meeting and headed out of the door. She paused when she looked a few doors down and saw Ben coming to his apartment. Ben looked up when he saw someone walking towards him. He did a double take then realized it was Miranda.

"Miranda....what are you doing here?" Ben asked confused.

"I live down the hall now. I know that's probably weird but you know how much I love your apartment and they had an apartment available," Miranda said nervously.

"So to rub it in my face that you chose your husband, you and Tucker decided to move out of your big house into an apartment close by," Ben said sarcastically.

"No Ben that's silly, I—I told Tucker everything and we are getting a divorce. Matter a fact I'm on my way to get the process legally started right now," Miranda explained.

"Oh, well I'm sorry about your marriage," Ben said as he opened his apartment door and closed it.

Miranda sighed deep, getting him back was going to be a lot harder than she thought. Miranda made it to the law firm and walked to the conference room. Tucker and his lawyer were already waiting when she walked in and now they were just waiting on her lawyer. This felt awkward especially with the way she just blurted the truth to Tucker at their therapy session.

As they waited Tucker wouldn't even look at her but honestly she expected this. Miranda's lawyer finally walked in and they began the process. Miranda agreed to let Tucker have the house and they split the joint account. Tucker kept the rental properties which was fine for Miranda because it didn't matter to her, she didn't use them. All they had to do was be separated for a year and then the divorce would be done.

Miranda left the lawyers office and was headed to work. She was feeling sick but she didn't want to go home and dwell on Ben so she was just going to take it easy at work. Being pregnant at 49 was much different than being pregnant at 29. She made it to work and slowly changed into some scrubs and then sat in her office. She wished that drinking a milk shake would work like did with Tuck but she still felt nauseous after drink it. She reached into her mini fridge and grabbed a ginger ale to drink before getting up because she was paged to the ER.

Ben was paged to the ER and when he got there Miranda was already there working on a trauma patient. He rolled his eyes and sighed because he just couldn't get away from her today.  He loved her still but he was so aggravated with her that even though she told him she finally was starting the process of divorce he was still mad. He didn't know if he was willing to be with her now no matter how he felt  because he compromised a standard he never thought he would break. Falling in love with a married woman was never something he thought he would do.