s4 e9

taking a breather, i desperately tried to calm myself down. standing in this room, i truly didn't know how to feel. it was my last time, my final test-exam. i kept telling myself that i was done and Ava and i would be graduating soon but for some odd reason, i didn't believe it. it was hard to believe. i came into the school year with a bit of anger and loneliness in my soul but it had went away, almost a year later. was i happy about that? yes. mom always told me that feelings like those wouldn't get you far, if you know what i mean.

i was proud of myself to say the least, i had came such a long way and though i had more growing to do, this was a huge achievement for me. other than getting my degrees. not only that but having an amazing friend by my side was extremely helpful. Ava was always here and i didn't know how to thank her for such things she'd done for me but she know my heart was pure. Ava will always be my one, no matter how far we venture out, she's it.

thinking about Ava leaving sadden me, i never wanted her to leave my side but to grow sometimes splitting is necessary. sometimes id find myself sitting and asking myself, what would i do without Ava but then i'd realise that no matter where she went, she's always be with me. like my mom.

"listen!" shouting was heard from the front of the room, interrupting my thoughts as i looked over to the front. my eyes landing on a man whom stood behind a desk, head high and a serious expression. clearing his throat, he slid from behind the desk and off into the front of the classroom. "many of you are just here to take a regular exam but most are here for your final exam, in which i do wish you all the best. congratulations to each and every one of you," he paused, rubbing his face before continuing. "as we continue, i will be calling out your names and where you will be seated but before we continue, remember that there should not be any talking. please be mindful and respectful of those around you."

after what felt like forever, we all gathered our belongings and sat at our numbered and named seats. taking a breather, i looked down at the paper that sat in front of me not knowing what to think of it.

willingly, some of the answers came to mind which caused me to calm down. i mean i knew this, i had no real reason to freak out but shit, this was my final exam.

as thoughts filled my mind, my mind settled on Alyssa as i thought of our small moments together. for her i was a handful but seemingly, she handled me well. our one small lesson together, which shouldn't have been but i hadn't focused in class and had to stay back. thinking back on it, i could feel the sadness ride my bones as i again remembered that i wouldn't have the chance to have another session even if i wanted to.

my time here had come to an end and it was picking away at my heart, tugging at the strings one by one.

"the time is now 8:00, you have two hours and fifteen minutes. once you're comfortable enough to start, you may open your papers and begin. again, good luck to you all and take your time."

grinning to myself, my eyes fell upon the paper beneath me once more as i took it all in. flipping it open, i began working as the answers came to mine quicker than expected. after about an hour and twenty minutes, i had finally finished and i was a bit excited. i felt as though i did good but only the results could tell me. not that i was doubting myself or anything.

the remaining time ticked away slowly but most if it i practically spent staring off.

clearing his throat, the man rose up from his seat and slid back to the front of the classroom, "your time has finished, please close your books and bring them to the front as you exit out if the door."

standing, i gathered my things as i made my way hi to the front, handing my book off to the mane. walking over to the door, i stepped outside and stood off to the side as i waited for Ava.