🔍Ch 6 - Investigation🔎

"Thanks. What are you doing here?" Thorn asked their uninvited guests as the colored smoke cleared. She quickly set down her guitar; her imposing stern face looking at you all from on high at having their private practice being disturbed made you wince at upsetting her while also kinda turning you on.

"The concert's tomorrow." Dusk coolly added.

As you were pulled back up on your feet by your worrywart of an uncle, Luna's eyes widened in acknowledgement as she gestured her purple gloved hand out to him. "Hey, wait a minute. Aren't you Ben Ravencroft?" 

His deep enriched laughter sent goosebumps up your spine. "Why? You're not gonna bite me, are you?"

Thorn's upset face quickly wiped away for an excited one as she jumped down from the stage, double pointing at Ben. "Cool! I've always wanted to meet you. You're like one of us."

Makes more sense considering your uncle rarely visited Oakhaven when you grew up here, only visiting once a year and no more. So Sally rarely saw him either.

"Yeah, you understand what we're into." Luna added, both ladies appearing at both Thorn's sides.

"We're related, remember?" You mumbled, pouting at being left out by your new favorite group.

Shaggy and Scooby shrugged at each other, befuddled by what's transpiring, only to look back in time to catch the eye of one Dusk and her fanged smile. "Hi~"

"Hello!" The buds trembled in fear.

"That's quite an act, Miss uh ..." Fred trailed off.

"Thorn. This is Dusk and Luna. We're Eco-Goths."

"Eco-Goths?" The buds questioned in union.

"And we don't need your approval." Dusk butted in to interject, eyeing them specifically.

"Right on," you smiled, impressed further by their cool assuredness. 

"Gee, all those explosions at the end were pretty mystifying. Eh Velma~?" Fred said, exchanging a knowing smirking look with her.

"Yeah, very mystifying." Velma smiled back.

"Way to be subtle, folks." You dryly retorted.

"So, where are you girls from?" Ben asked, steering the conversation back on track.

"Oakhaven. But we won't be here for long. We're close to cutting our first CD." Thorn answered.

"Nice." Your newfound reverence for the band; promoting and making a name for themselves, made your eyes lit up with pride. For Thorn, especially.

"Well it's been killer meeting you." Thorn offered her hand for Ben to shake.

"Same here."

You jumped a bit, surprised that she also offered a hand to you. Dazed, you goofily smiled, enjoying how nice her hand felt against yours, fitting perfectly. "Yeah."

"But we gotta get back to our rehearsal." Her gentle smile directed at you as they bid farewell made you wave at her, feeling giddy all of a sudden, so Ben had to push you along to get your thoughts clearer.

"You're red." Ben pointed out, surprised by your flustered state.

"I'm ... fine." You shook your head to clear your head but your face was still burning. "Sorry for taking off earlier. I made you worry, didn't I?" 

"As long as you're alright, that's all that matters."

"Those Hex Girls seem kind of suspicious." Fred suspected.