t h i r t y - f o u r ↣ five minutes

┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

M E G A N

Carl and I never got to finish our conversation, upon having other things to worry about.

Just like what always happens.

One subject of worry, soon gets overpowered by another. And then another. And then another. And then it becomes a battle of urgency to decide which of our problems is of the most life-threatening to the people of Alexandria.

And the leading issue, at the time, happened to be Father Gabriel's whereabouts.

With a rare gust of luck, the missing man lead our people to more people. A lot of them. This new group that's actually willing to be on our side, and join us in the war.

And although we've been granted the luxury of being teamed alongside a few other communities, we still don't have enough guns.

As long as we're firing at the Saviors, there will never be enough guns.

"I should be doing that, you know?"

Rosita tosses the surgical scissors onto the table, turning her gaze from the magnifying mirror. "I'm done."

The tension of the war has been evident in nearly all of the woman's interactions, as expected.

Dealing with the losses of Abraham and Glenn has been hard on her, just like it has on the rest of us. Except, she once connected with the both of them in two different ways. Ways that I never got to experience.

And—although I hesitate to put myself in the woman's shoes—I'd probably act the same, bothered way if Carl were the one who never got to come back from that night.

"It's going to work out." Tara's words extend an olive branch that I can only hope whacks away at the thick tension in Rosita's air.

"Wh—What does that even mean, Tara?" The woman furrows her eyebrows.

The woman stands up from the seat next to me, ready to apologetically face Rosita's aggression. "It means we've got the numbers to fight now. We just need to find some guns and—"

"Do you know where we could find that many guns today?" Rosita motions with her loose hand. Although her body remains relaxed, the woman's mind tenses under Tara's attempt at comforting words. "This week? This year?"