chapter eleven.

[ a/n: PLEASE READ!!! ]

hi! because this chapter has a lot of serious topics, i've included the summary of events in bullet points at the bottom of the chapter. i do this in particular so if there is anything you are not triggered by, you can skip around to sections you'd like to read while still being safe.

( i also used numbers to separate the paragraph sections so its easier to find the places you'd like to read. )

every chapter that has warnings will be formatted in this style ( minus the a/n). i want to minimize anything that may trigger or harm anyone, so if there is something that i have missed, or if you think there is a better way to situate warnings, please lmk so i can fix/adjust it as soon as possible.

stay safe, happy, and healthy!!! <3

|

[ WARNING(S): ]

EXPLICIT: CAR CRASH, PANIC ATTACKS, DEALING WITH TRAUMA, DESCRIPTIONS OF GORE & BLOOD.

MENTIONED: MURDER, DEATH, KIDNAPPING, ANIMAL ATTACKS.

| 1.

january 31, 2005

january 31, 2005.

The car does not stop. The wheels turn in slow motion, black rubber against black pavement. It slides instead, screeching in your ears like a warning, a call. It does not stop when the pavement becomes pure ice, and it does not stop when your sister drops in fear, headphones dangling from her fingertips. It strikes you in that moment how small she looks, how breakable.

That it is your little sister that is going to be crushed in between unforgiving metal, the old truck and the van cocooning around her.

You're running before you can stop yourself, screaming. You don't recognize the way your throat breaks around the words, how you're pleading that the dull, inanimate, hunk of metal stop where it is. Somebody grasps your shoulder, hard and tense, and you fight their grip as much as you can.

The moment is over before you realize, the screeching of metal coming to a halt as Tyler's van jerks to the side. The fingers digging into your shoulder disappear instantly and you're sprinting to the cars. You pant, yelling her name and all you get is a whimper in response.

Bella looks up at you, eyes big with tears brimming in her lashes. Her cheeks are rosy from the cold and her hair is wind-blown, those stupid headphones still clutched tightly in her grip.

Next to her, a sizable dent is lodged in Tyler's door.

It becomes the first incident of many.

| 2.