43

Shang JunLin couldn't help thinking about that image. He tried to suppress the rising corners of his mouth. "It will certainly give the King of Yue a headache." His voice still held a trace of a smile.

Shen Yu hinted with a look. "Your Majesty?"

Shang JunLin: "Doesn't the noble monarch still have the token of the Hidden Dragon Guard? Just order them to do it."

Shen Yu hesitated. "Would it be inappropriate to ask Your Majesty's Hidden Dragon Guard to do something like that?"

Shang JunLin didn't care. "It's just passing a few letters. It's not a difficult task."

After ascertaining the time and place the King of Yue and Shen QingRan had arranged to meet, Shen Yu told the Hidden Dragon Guard to deliver the messages.

To be honest, Shen Yu didn't have anything in particular planned. He just wanted to inflict some unhappiness on the pair.

He was pretty sure he could guess what Shen QingRan wrote in his letter to the King of Yue. It would be the same sort of thing as in his last life. Thanks to his knowledge of future generations, Shen QingRan was able to trick a lot of people. In that book, it said Shen QingRan was favored by the King of Yue because of his unique personality and endless array of original ideas.

Shen Yu leaned back against the soft couch and poked Shang JunLin's leg. "Isn't Your Majesty curious about what Shen QingRan wrote to the King of Yue?"

The man who was approving memorials paused slightly, and then his leg muscles tensed. He put down his pen and grabbed Shen Yu's disorderly hand. "This emperor is only interested in what the noble monarch writes."

Shen Yu gazed up at Shang JunLin, and the corners of his mouth quirked. "Is Your Majesty hinting that I should write you letters?"

Shang JunLin simply put down the report and scooped Shen Yu into his arms. "This emperor thinks the noble monarch might as well help me read memorials for a while."

Shen Yu squirmed a little and refused. "Your Majesty has to learn to do things on your own. You should squeeze those ministers, not me."

"Noble monarch, don't move around."

Shang JunLin's voice suddenly became low and hoarse. Shen Yu's body stiffened, pressed by a sudden, scorching hot presence. He didn't dare to stimulate Shang JunLin anymore.

After sitting for a while, the heat didn't dissipate at all. Shen Yu couldn't stand it. "Your Majesty, let go," he whispered.

It's really hard to be poked constantly ah.

Shang JunLin wasn't planning to do anything. He patted Shen Yu's lower back and relaxed his arms.

Shen Yu hurriedly stood up. He moved to the other side of the soft couch and looked at Shang JunLin carefully. "Your Majesty, why don't I step outside for a while?"

"No need."

Shen Yu picked up a book and sat on the other side of the couch, flipping through it absentmindedly.

A quarter of an hour later, Shen Yu lifted his head from the book and glanced at the man sitting perfectly upright on the other side.

The emperor's robes were heavy. Shen Yu couldn't tell whether Shang JunLin had extinguished the fire.

Shen Yu turned a few more pages of the book, and then he looked at Shang JunLin again. "Your Majesty?"

"Hmm?"

The voice was calm. It seemed like nothing was wrong.

The alarm in Shen Yu's mind died down. He relaxed and slowly returned to Shang JunLin's side. "Your Majesty, this isn't good."