Chapter 66

My eyes closed shut, just hearing his footsteps walking away from me. My fists clenched by my side and the sound of the car door opening ringed in my ear.

"Accompany us," my mom said. Her words stung my brain with alcohol dipped needles. What kind of fear is this?

"Am I clear?" She asked.

"Yes," I opened my eyes to witness her contented smile. "Yes, you did make it clear but that doesn't mean that I have to abide by it."

I don't know if he is still there or has he left already. I don't know what will be the consequences. I don't know why every fibre of my being is revolting against this.

There's just one voice that makes me speak this - love. He trusted me, I cannot let him down. I may be a coward, but I am not a bitch.

"What did you say?" She questioned.

"I mean, I won't come to you, I don't want to. What have you done to me, mom? What's this that I have become?" I questioned, tears forming at the corners but I won't let them fall. Not for them.

"What are you speaking?"

I sighed, exhaling a shuddering breath. I took a step ahead towards her, my eyes meeting hers for the first time.

"I am a servant of your unhappiness," I said through gritted teeth, my hands fisting so hard that my nails made arcs on my palm. An angry tear revolted against my resolve, falling down but I wiped it off as soon.

"I am a wound you can't stop picking at. Am I so difficult to exist? Does my existence bother you so much?"

"JEE! Mind your tone," she glared.

I scoffed, looking away and my eyes landed on Yoongi. He was still there, his hands folded on his chest and he was leaning to his car watching me. He blinked and I was fuelled with courage.

I looked back at her, "And let you make me small, crush me up in the palms of your hands?"

"Yah?! Park Jee," My father spoke.

"Oh," I disconnected my glance from her to finally hear the man speak. He says he is my father.

"I thought you forgot my name, Mr Park. Forgot that you had a daughter. Forgot that- Wait. No, you didn't. How can a businessman forget his strongest asset? So, yes boss? What more you-" my voice was shushed by the slapping sound that echoed the parking.

My cheek stinging, forcing the tears to fall down like beads under gravity. My hand reached my stinging cheek, feeling the warmth my mother gifted me. Wow, a motherly warmth, am I blessed? I felt anger and frustration taking over my sane side.

I snorted, my chest heaving up and down convulsively. Tears streaming down messily, drenching my entire face.

I gaped up to them with my blurry vision, my hands gripping her shoulders. "Mom," I cried and watched the perplexity in her eyes.

"Destroy me. Devour me as your lunch, leave nothing left of me," I decried while shaking my head, "not even for the birds."

My hands shook her a little. "Eat me. EAT ME UP!" I yelled to which she flinched.

My father's hands got over mine to get his wife free out of my clutches.

"Have you gone insane?" He questioned in incredulity.

"Just end me. It's too late, too late to realise what you've done to me when you're already choking on my leftovers," I sniffled.

My mother was in my father's arms, slightly shivering and that made me laugh like a lunatic.