Chapter 71

Everyone was silent. It was really astonishing to have such an audience who adjusted to the ambience so beautifully.

Tae's mic was right in front of my lips. I sighed and took the mic from his hands to which he was flabbergasted.

"He doesn't have a ring guys," I spoke, overcoming my natural diffidence. There's no way in hell, I would let it go this way.

The crowd laughed at that, even the members were laughing and Yoongi rolled his eyes like the chariot wheels. By this point everyone knew the bond between Yoongi and me. I have been much of a social media sensation and have featured many vlives he did at home.

Yoongi was still on one knee as he bit his lower lip in frustration. This is what you get when you act oversmart.

"So, should I accept the proposal?" I asked the armys instead. There was a mixed response of yes and no. The no were obviously in the mood of drama.

"What do you say Namjoon?" I asked RM knowing his response already.

"I would not without a ring!" He chuckled.

"But his confidence gives him brownie points," Jimin added.

"Thanks Jimin!" Yoongi said, standing back up.

"No. It's not a proposal without a ring. Lemme show ya how it's done," I said and sat on one knee. My right hand pulled out a small box from my pant pockets while the left one had the mic.

I opened the box to flash a glimmering loop of platinum, simple as he likes it. I motioned my hand towards him and another held the mic close to my lips.

"I was about to do it backstage but I doubt I would get this beautiful moment again. Yoongi, I don't have words, no pick up lines, no drama. I have my feelings, my heart, this ring and myself. You've given me so much- your slow hands and honest eyes, everything is priceless.

Your voice does to me what autumn does to leaves. You speak and I fall every time. There's a moment when I think that I cannot fall anymore when I am on ground but I look into the ocean of your eyes and they drown me way beyond the ground level." I saw his eyes widening and won't lie I was feeling nervous and jittery.

"Marry me Yoongi," I said, took a deep breath and added, "Let me slow dance with you under the moon. Let me kiss you under the rain. Let me run with you freely in the flower fields. Let me read you stories... Let me love you forever."

His jaw dropped and there was pin drop silence. A lone tear trickled down his beautiful face and watching it, I lost track of mine those were brimming my eyes.

This is how it's done bitches!

"Yoonjee!... Yoonjee!... Yoonjee!" The fans started cheering lowly till the intensity increased, BTS joining them. Yoongi's palms obscured his face and everyone hooted. When he looked back, tears of joy, like summer raindrops wetted his blood-pumped skin.

He lent out his hand towards me and nodded. I smiled widely, wiping off the tear that fell down my cheeks with the back of the hand holding the mic and laughed breathily. I kept the mic down and pulled out the ring. My hands were trembling as a dry leaf but I managed to pull out the ring.

My hands came in contact with his warm one, mine were so cold, almost when ice meets fire. I slid the ring in his finger after a few unrewarding attempts. I kissed his hand gently and smiled at him but he looked away, trying to conceal his pearly tears, like rose's dew.

Everyone applauded and cheered.

"I love you," he mumbled. I couldn't hear it since the cheering was hive but I made out his lip movements.