11

After Prince Michael returned to the church, Yunyu asked the system:

[Why do I feel that his Fatemeter has been raised even after he knows about my identity?]

[Pupa: Correct, Breakmeter 70%, Fatemeter 55%. He is already in love with you. In the human world, this is the regular percentage that normal couples would settle down and marry. Their love will usually increase after having a baby, or after spending time together without many conflicts.]

[You don't need to explain so much, you know. I was just curious. Besides, why would he fall in love with me anyway, we are bound to be enemies.]

[Pupa: Why? Do you feel guilty because someone is in love with you, but you don't love him at all? I am a system without heart configuration, but love and hatred have a very thin line. Don't be like those dense protagonists in Isekai anime.]

Yunyu gulped. Of course he felt guilty. He was not a cold blooded person that would heartlessly toyed with someone's heart without reason. His task in this world was to prevent Michael from killing everyone with his holy power. As long as Michael felt that he was not worthy of the title of the Saint, then Yunyu had completed his task.

[Pupa: You should harden your heart. Because we have many worlds to complete, and you'll find this situation often.]

Yunyu sighed. He returned to his room and ripped a chicken neck then sucking the blood dazedly. He drank the blood of three chickens before he washed himself and went to the slum again.

***

When Michael returned to the grand church, the high priest summoned him to his office. Michael changed his clothes to the regular white robe from the church and walked to the Head Priest's office.

The Head Priest was an old man in his sixty. He was the de facto leader of the country, even his power surpassed the king. He was also a pious believer of the god. But he was not the chosen Saint, because of one reason.

The Head Priest was a mass murderer, and he did not repent, nor he thought that his action was wrong. Michael learned how to control the people from the Head Priest. Massacring three hundred people was Michael's first achievement, thus, when Michael arrived in the priest's office, the Head Priest treated him like his own son.

"Michael, I've just returned from my visit to another country and I heard that you had exterminated three hundred faithless, was that right?" The Head Priest asked.

"Yes, father..." Michael was not his usual self. If the Head Priest talked to him before Michael met the Duke, he would proudly buff his chest up and admit everything. Because he had been a good follower of the god. He had killed three hundred faithless and sent them to the fiery hell, the place where they belonged. Because they didn't want to follow the true religion.

But now, Michael only lowered his head in shame.

"What's with you, my son? Why are you sad? Are you sad because you accidentally let a few faithless people slip? I will help you to find and kill them," Head Priest said.

"Father..." Michael gulped, he raised his head slowly to stare at the priest's eyes, "Did I do the right thing? I've just killed three hundred people, most of them never hurt anyone in their life. But I—"

"Michael, what's gotten in you?" Head Priest's gentle smile vanished instantly. His scrutinizing eyes peered at Michael suspiciously, "Remember, as long as what you did is in the name of god, you will not be wrong. Because god is right, and you will always be right."

"But God is the deity of kindness!" Michael rebuked, "Father, is this really the way of the god? Does the faithless really deserve death even if they never harm anyone?"