chapter two

- bokuto pov -

i was cleaning up after volleyball practice with the rest of the team. in the middle of picking up the volleyballs from the floor, a cheery feeling suddenly ran through my body. like being wrapped in a hot towel after swimming in a cool pool in the morning.

"akaashi!" i turned to search for my best friend and saw that he was already looking at me once he heard me shout his name. "guess what?" he started to walk closer.

"what is it?"

"my soulmate! she's not sad right now!' i said happily. "she's been upset forever and now she's happy." i knew that she was only happy for a certain amount of time before she got upset again.

just like how i was upset for a certain amount of time. she was the opposite of me.

this short amount of time is precious. precious to her and her being happy and precious to me. there was this thing that made me happy whenever i could sense that she also was happy.

i wondered who she could be. i wondered that every day. meeting her was the biggest wish i had. i wanted to meet her one day and keep her happy forever.

that's not such a big wish, is it?

"ready to go?" akaashi asked and waited at the door for me. i was still lost in my thoughts and realized that the gym had already been cleaned while i was standing there and thinking about my soulmate. i nodded before walking out and shutting the gym doors behind me.

"do you think she's from japan?" i questioned akaashi while we walked together. "what if she isn't? what if i have to learn a whole new language for my soulmate? i think i could handle it."

i would. it would take me a while but i would. 

"it's possible."

then a thought hit me. "what if she plays volleyball?" i gasped and started to get excited about my own theory.

"she could."

"i want to meet her so badly." i sighed and looked up at the sky as if they would give me the directions to where she was. maybe just one little sign. a cloud the shape of an arrow right above where my soulmate was. if only it was that easy.

"there's a big chance that you will one day." akaashi told me a few times that he also wanted to find his soulmate, but wasn't in a rush like i was. i hope he does find his soulmate one day.

"do you think she would like me?" i asked and started to kick a rock along the sidewalk.

"i'm sure she would."

"what if she doesn't like me?" i didn't like the idea of that at all. it sounds downright horrible.

"i'm certain that she'll like you, bokuto." akaashi tried to reason with me, but i had a line of questions ready to be asked.

"what if i never meet her? that would be sad. oh wait, but she's happy right now so we have to talk about happy things or else i'll get sad and the feeling of me being sad might make her sad!"

i didn't want her to be sad because of me.

i quickly changed the topic to volleyball so my mood wouldn't drop and i smiled to myself when i didn't feel the terrible feeling of my soulmate's sadness.

good job, bokuto.

i was glad to have a friend like akaashi who was a great listener and always knew the right things to say. "we're at your house." while my mind was occupied, i seemed to miss that we were already at my house. the two of us said our goodbyes before i walked into my house.