chapter eighteen

- bokuto pov -

it was morning and unusually early for me to be awake at this time. even akaashi wasn't awake yet when i woke up. the frosty feeling of my soulmate's emotions woke me up and it's been ages since i felt my soulmate being unhappy.

i walked into the cafeteria, ready to set alone, when someone caught my eye. instantly, i felt a lot more awake and i walked over to one of the tables.

y/n was sitting at the table with a journal of some sorts in front of her. there was also something that looked like a letter sitting on top of the journal.

she had on a sweatshirt that had one dinosaurs on the chest, a pair of shorts, and her glasses were on top of her head.

"morning!" a pulled out the chair next to her and she immediately shoved the letter between the pages of the journal.

she looked up at me with tired eyes, but she managed to give me a smile. "hi." she picked at the pages.

"why are you up so early?" i asked and placed my arms on top of the table and laid my head down on them while still looking at her.

"couldn't sleep." she answered. "what about you?"

"cold soulmate feeling." i replied. "it is a good wake up though, maybe just not so early." i looked over at the counter where the food was usually served, but it was currently empty.

i'm hungry.

"that sucks." y/n spoke up while she stared down at the table. "mine is kind of a mood swing type of person."

after she said those words, it hit me. we live in a world where soulmates exist and it would be a one in a hundred chance that we're each other's soulmates.

and being with someone who isn't your soulmate isn't good in the long run. you're supposed to go and find your one true soulmate and be with that person, that's why it exists.

but if she makes me so happy right now, then who cares about finding a soulmate when she feels so right.

that was mean to my soulmate, but i really really really like this girl and i know she feels something for me.

"bokuto?" her face suddenly came into view and a felt a tap on the side of my head. "where'd you go?" i blinked and pushed away the soulmate thoughts.

"just thinking about the soulmate stuff." the thoughts came back. "don't you ever wonder who your soulmate is?"

"uh, more of our emotions and how mine might be affecting his and all that." she waved her hand back and forth. "like my mood usually plummets on a normal school day."

"really?"

"yeah, like it's the same thing over and over again for five days a week. but when we're here, everyday is different." she paused to look over at me for a second. "and there's more people here. like you.. and kuroo and akaashi and kenma and all that." she hurried out the last few names.

"that's why i love training camp." i leaned back on the back legs of my chair. "i see my friends, there's no school, and we play volleyball all day!"