chapter eleven

- y/n pov -

i was walking down the stairs and to the cafeteria by myself. it was still a little early in the morning and half of the team was still asleep.

it was peaceful. soft music playing in my headphones, the sunlight beaming through the large windows, and just the early morning air.

i turned down one corner and saw someone standing outside one of the doors and looking inside the room. "come on, bokuto. i want to eat breakfast." akaashi glanced back at me when he heard my footsteps and gave me a small nod.

"morning, akaashi." i greeted and was about to continue my walk to the cafeteria. but akaashi was suddenly pushed the side, nearly stumbling over his own feet.

"let's go eat!" bokuto announced, full of energy. his eyes flickered down to me and his smile grew. "good morning, y/n!" akaashi placed his palm onto the wall and regained his balance.

"good morning."

"are you heading to the cafeteria?" he asked and shut the door. i nodded and he nodded along with me. "let's walk down together. akaashi, are you coming with us?" i turned around to continue walking, but waited for the other two.

"you two go ahead." he waved his hand at us before walking back into the room they came from. i glanced up at bokuto and he just shrugged before placing his hands on my shoulders and leading me forward.

the walk was pretty quiet, and his hands left my shoulders once we reached the stairs. "what time is it?" bokuto took a step forward to walk next to me instead of behind. i looked around the place for a clock and found one at the end of the hallway.

"eight-thirty."

"no wonder i was so tired." bokuto ran his hand through his white and black hair which made his hair stick up even more. in a good way. his hair looked really good sticking up like that.

"was?"

"you're here now! a new friend to hang out with!" he grinned and rushed a little bit ahead to the cafeteria while i was still stuck on him calling us friends. we were friends?

bokuto turned his head once he realized i wasn't walking next to him anymore and he started backtracking until he was back by my side. he reached for the sleeve of my jacket and held onto it. "come on, y/n. breakfast!" he dragged me over to the food and i let him.

he started to fill his tray with food and i did the same. by the end, i had half of the amount of food that he had on his tray. i debated on sitting with my teammates but they seemed to be in a conversation and i didn't want to interrupt so i followed bokuto to an empty table.

he set his tray down and pulled out the chair next to him for me to sit. "thank you." i put my tray on the table and sat down in the chair. bokuto pushed the chair back in before sitting down across from me.

"you're welcome. so, do you play volleyball?" he began to eat and i poked my food with a fork before taking a piece on the utensil and putting it in my mouth.

"i don't play for a team, but i do play for fun and help the guys during practice." i answered and crossed my ankles underneath the table. i felt bokuto's legs brush against mine when he stretched his legs out.

"which position?"

"libero." i dropped the fork and went for the bottle of apple juice i got. "i can play other positions too, but i like libero best. and it's what i'm best at." i continued my answer after realizing how short my original one was.

bokuto was looking at me with interest in my words. "libero. that's so cool! you should join your school's volleyball team." his words slightly shocked me because he hasn't even seen me play.