Chapter 1: I Watched it Begin Again

She slowly made her way into the huge FBI building, unsure of whether or not she should be there in the first place

She slowly made her way into the huge FBI building, unsure of whether or not she should be there in the first place. He probably didn't even want to see her. Not after the way she lashed out at him a few days ago. She immediately erased the thought from her mind. No, he would want to see her. She just had to apologise first. Good, she thought. I can do this.

She waited impatiently for the elevator doors to open. As they did, she quickly stepped through the doors and let out a relieved sigh seeing that it was empty. It was the perfect opportunity to gather her thoughts. She nervously picked at the visitor ID badge on the edge of her shirt while she was trying to calm herself down. Why was she so nervous? It's not like she was seeing him for the first time. She thought he was pretty cool the first time they met. Until she found out whom he really was.

The elevator ding interrupted her thoughts as the doors opened onto the sixth floor. The Behavioral Analysis Unit was bigger than she thought it would be and she instantly started to feel nervous again, just when she had begun to relax. She carefully stepped out before the doors closed behind her. She had gotten this far. There was no backing out now. She looked around the open space hoping she would spot him before she had to go any further, but no luck. He was probably in his office working.

She opened the glass door and walked in, slowly scanning the almost empty room. All she saw were a few agents working quietly at their desks. Not wanting to disturb them, she quietly backed out of the room towards the door and just as she was about to turn around and leave, she bumped into a petite blonde agent with blue eyes.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry." She said quickly, feeling like a total idiot for not looking where she was going.

The blonde agent picked up the file that she dropped and said, "No worries. It was an accident." She smiled as she observed the slightly nervous teenager who looked about sixteen.

"I'm Agent Jennifer Jareau but everyone calls me JJ." she said with a smile.

"Aria... Marano" the teen said slowly, returning the smile.

"So Aria, what brings you to the BAU? Looking for someone?" Agent Jareau asked.

She hesitated for a moment before replying, "Uhm, yeah. I was actually looking for Agent Aaron Hotchner. Do you know where I can find him?"

"He's probably in his office. I'm actually headed there now, I can show you were it is."

"That would be great. Thanks."

She followed the young agent through the glass doors, across the bullpen and up the short steps leading to his office, pausing as JJ quietly knocked and entered.

"Morning Hotch. Here's that report you needed me to finish from the Davidson case." She told her boss. He looked up from his desk.

"Morning JJ. Thanks. I'll have a look at it as soon as I can." He said before returning to the stack of files on his desk. He seemed somewhat distracted. She nodded and was just about to leave when she remembered the other reason why she came to his office.